The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of the damage to my new wheels :(

dani_r

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt see your other thread, was that done by the courier? id have chopped their balls off!! :angry:

Yeah, it looks like it! The only problem is that they arrived just as I was about to head to work, and I didn't have chance to check them! Apparently there is an option to sign 'unchecked', but it was an electronic signing thing instead of the standard paper type!

I'm gunna get stuck with 4 f*cked alloys aren't i.... :(

Get onto the company ASAP, explain & show them the pictures. They don't look like have been kurbed but more the paint is coming off\dropped. Was it well packed? They should have wrapped it well so then if it is dropped then it could absorb some of the damage.

I'd keep hassling them, if you get nowhere then it might be worth speaking to Jabbar on here who could sort out the wheels for you or recommend what to do.

Get onto the company ASAP, explain & show them the pictures. They don't look like have been kurbed but more the paint is coming off\dropped. Was it well packed? They should have wrapped it well so then if it is dropped then it could absorb some of the damage.

I'd keep hassling them, if you get nowhere then it might be worth speaking to Jabbar on here who could sort out the wheels for you or recommend what to do.

The quality of the wheels themselves are great, but the paintwork is proper terrible! I took one of the 'hair net' protective covers off, and more paint came away! The wheels were pretty well packaged. Got them from Rarerims who are the Rota people in the UK i believe?

They look like a really nice wheel. I would be worried about the quality and life span of these from what you have said.....:blink:

How much were they if you don't mind me asking?? If you do mind, how much were they.....:D

H.

I paid £560 for the 4, which i think is a good price.

if your paypal is sourced from your credit card you may still be able to claim on your credit cards protection, im trying to for something else at the moment because paypal are useless, if its non ebay and something arrives paypal can wash their hands of it according to their policy,

Is that not a lot? I've just paid £50 a corner to have mine refurbed and painted...

(forgive me if I got the wrong end of the stick... didn't see the original thread)

That's not for a refurb, that's for the wheels themselves

I had the same problem when they sent my Rota Boost's, the third wheel they sent got here ok:rolleyes:

Send Rare Rims some pics of the damage....they just dont pack them well enough:(

I've sent them some pics, and they replied:

Hi Dan,

Im sorry to hear about this, but did you sign for them ‘in good condition’ – the problem is when you sign it says on the couriers information ‘received in good condition’ if you have just signed without putting ‘damaged’ on the form, then we cannot claim from the couriers.

That is clearly courier damage, as they were not in that condition when they left here L

Let me know if you signed as good condition or damaged and we will go from there.

I replied, but waiting to hear back

slopey shouldering ars3holes!

could be a serious lesson learnt there mate with couriers. From the thread thought it didnt even sound as though they were packed properly?

The boxes didn't look too battered, but clearly not packaged well enough on the top and bottom! Surely wheels should be sent with some kind of thick packaging to stop damage? From now on everything gets checked!