The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Import Insurance - nightmare ?!

Kitt

I know I'm a " newbie " so I'd thought I would share my limited MKIV knowledge & experience.

Anyway, if you are having trouble finding Insurance for your Jap Import model then try Admirral - I am 31, full no claims, living in the heart of Bristol and pay £600 a year Fully Comp & protected.

Cheers.

LOL, I've just been doing this!!

Note that I'm 24, 7 years no claims, no accidents/points/convictions/disabilities, drive a 1997 RZ-S with disclosed mods of Wheels, Exhaust and Filter. And stated that it would be kept in a garage, 5000 miles/year and I have access to about 300 different vehicles.

I phoned some of the bigger companies first, as they have been noted as Insurance friendly. I got the following:

A-Plan: Closed, phone back during normal working hours (when I'm at work and don't have the time).

Adrian Flux: £1595 (didn't say Excess), was told that "My supervisor has said that is the very best quote you'll ever manage to get considering your age".

So armed with my best quote I'll ever get........

Insurance Factory: £1384 (£550 excess)

Basildon: No answer

Osborne and Sons: Voicemail!?!?! WTF!!

Tescos: £1240.15 (£800 excess)

Elephant want to charge me £1050 (£500 Excess) for a renewal, so I think I may stay with Elephant this year.

Ben..

A-Plan offered me the best quote by FAR and were a pleasure to talk to, actually listened to what I was telling them. I know a lot of people use Tesco but they're useless IMO, their staff have absoltutely no understanding of modifications, too frustrating trying to explain what you've had done.

Originally posted by Nick

A-Plan offered me the best quote by FAR and were a pleasure to talk to, actually listened to what I was telling them. I know a lot of people use Tesco but they're useless IMO, their staff have absoltutely no understanding of modifications, too frustrating trying to explain what you've had done.

Also, those of you with Tesco, when your policy is up for renewal, they will automatically renew your policy unless you tell them 'not' to! So, if like me, you just let it run out and not expect to hear anything else from them, like all other companies, then find they are still taking money out of your account 2 months later. Then on top of that I tell them to cancel, stop the direct debits only to be told 'I owe them' another £30 odd because I cancelled the DD. Doesn't matter that the original DD I signed was giving them permission to take money from me for 12 months and they took for 14 months!

I will never again use Tesco Insurance, they are a joke! :mad:

ps: This wasn't for the Supra!