The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Great job Invisible Touch Detailing!

b_have

Spring is here so time to prepare for the long hot summer ahead :search:

I always SORN through the winter months and this year decided to treat her with a detail, Christian from Invisible Touch Detailing spent a very long day bringing her back to full glory.Great job, would recommend to all.

Pictures don't do it justice (Christian may have some better ones as it was getting dark as I took these)

DSC_0003 (Large).jpg

DSC_0006 (Large).jpg

DSC_0001 (Large).jpg

DSC_0005 (Large).jpg

Morning people :)

Thankyou Charlie for your kind words and hospitality yesterday, but, its equally me that should be thanking you for your work.

Mechanically my supra (previously Charlie's) was in need of some tlc. After being off the road for the last 7 months, 4 in a garage and sadly the last 3 sat outside in the bad weather we had at the start of this year, it was time to start making progress.

Last week i had 4 new tyres fitted and an MOT which it passed but was a few niggles to sort, one of which being either lose or missing bolts on the passenger side front anti roll bar. As it turned out both sides were either missing bolts or very lose! So it was off to Charlie's for a good service and a thorough check over, or i wished it had been that easy!

I was up at 5 am and out the door at 5:30, supra already packed up the night before. Started the car and it didnt sound great, bit lumpy. Got 5 miles down the road and the ecu light came on, it was running on 5 cylinders, sounded like a tractor, backfiring and i couldnt really rev over 2.5k. Every time i came to a stop the car just rocked and shook. It was an 80 mile journey ahead of me! I figured it best to just carry on, so the journey down the M3 at 50 mph was pretty crap.

Finally got there and was greeted with a nice cuppa, went over everything to be done and Charlie cracked on

Yes yes, i know, she's looking a bit naff for a detailer! Time to start freeing up some time for us to bond again :D

After a good days work, Charlie moved onto the mis firing issue, plugs were changed anyway but they made no difference. It was cylinder 1 that wasnt firing. He spent a long time testing coilpacks, clips, swapping bits out. It then became obvious is was something to do with the wiring going to the coil packs on cylinder 1, so up came the passenger side carpet and he had a good mess around with the ecu's. Whenever the Emanage Ultimate was tapped or knocked or cables moved slightly the car wanted to stall. Electrical issues are never easily solved but, touch wood, it seems to be. He unplugged all the connections, sprayed them in WD40 and made sure hey were all solidly put back together. Its times like this you appreciate the wiring in the car, Ian did a great job of putting it all together for Charlie, very neat, well sealed, and labelled! The car ran absolutely great the whole way home. I havent driven it for ages and to be honest sometimes the sound of a single and screamer pipe at full pelt can make me think things are about to explode, and im not ashamed to admit i did set the boost controller to 1.0 bar for the first 20 miles on the M3 to get used to it again :) That didnt last long before it was back up to 1.4. I've got so used to driving the transit lately, the supra feels like its absolutely flying, its such a joy to drive on the motorway, so smooth, quiet when i want it to be and completely lets rip when you want it to. Had several cars try it on on the way back, the supra just pulled away like a train! Love it :D

I can now spend my time sorting the cosmetic side of my car, wheels etc knowing its running great.

So anyway, whilst Charlie was laying under my car getting filthy, i cracked on with his. We only had a day to complete both jobs which is tough going when machine polishing a supra. Luckily Charlie had already given it a good clean prior to me arriving, so in simple terms i gave it a good clay, a snowfoam rinse and jetwash down, dried using Last Touch. It was machine polished with the Makita rotary and Menzerna Final Finish. This polish was never going to remove all defects, but it dramatically reduced the swirling and gave the car a deep, glossy, wet finish which was just what Charlie was after. It was then wiped down with Menzerna Top Inspection and a nice tight layer of Collinite 476s was applied which will keep it protected for months and make top ups very easy for Charlie to manage. Its also a great wax for solid colours. So all in all i, we, had a great day and its nice to feel some progress has been made with my car again.

Here's a few pics i took from the day. His car is stunning with some great bits fitted to it..