The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member, first Supe!

Crockett512

Hi all,

I'm Matt, and I've just bought my first Supra (NA) from Dave_SZR, grey, 6NO.

This is my first Supra, I've been browsing the forums for a while researching them, this place is an absolute goldmine of information! Paid up for membership this morning!

I'm 23 (Hence NA) got my degree in motorsport engineering, so I'm looking forward to finally having a car worth upgrading! I drove it back from Edinburgh on Sunday, absolutely love it, just looking at what to go for first - Thinking braided brake lines and new wheels. Not sure on the despoilered look yet - might drop a TRD on to see how it looks.

On the wheel front, I fancy something that sticks out a bit wider, maybe hub spacers are needed? I'm thinking black wheels, with yellow calipers, should look quite snazzy. Thoughts?

I look forward to dealing with / meeting you all in the future, I'll be here for a long time!

Regards,

Matt

Cheers all. Wahay to the Leics supes! I might go over and see Keron at some point, I'll no doubt be buying off him shortly!

Regarding insurance, best quote I got was £1256 comprehensive with Elephant. Had an absolute nightmare - everytime i tried the quote again it just went up! I went on confused, compare the meerkat, moneysupermarket, and they were all useless. If anyone is certain that quote could be beaten let me know!

Details: I'm 23, a full time engineer, still live at home with parents (Best way!) it's garaged, 3 years NCB. High voluntary excess iirc.

Elephant turned out to be the best for me to at £1160 then i paid extra for nationwide breakdown cover and extra for damage cover since alot of companys fight over value of the car and like to just write them off other than repair them and it brought my premium upto £1227 fully comp, 25, 3 points living in a tiny flat parked in a car park 3 years ncb

Welcome to the club!

I remember having a look (on here) at Dave's SZ-R as it is a perfect model for a TT conversion given it already has the 6 speed and an LSD :)

I'm 22 (21 when I took out my policy) with a (NA-)TT and I'm £950 fully comp with Bell.