The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ideas for inspiriation

seanfraser

hey guys

i drive the car as pictured

going for a red white theme outside and black red inside

just recently changed the badges front and rear

when i look at it i cant help think its just needs something more, dont know if a splash of red elsewhere or what,

know the pic on my dp aint great but if ne one has any ideas to improve the car (other than refurb the splitter :p)

thanks

Subtlety is your friend when adding colour to a white car. I'd give yourself a small palette of colours to work with, such as white, black, grey and add it in small quantities. Red and white can look great as long as the red is introduced in very small detail doses. Just my ten penneth!

Subtlety is your friend when adding colour to a white car. I'd give yourself a small palette of colours to work with, such as white, black, grey and add it in small quantities. Red and white can look great as long as the red is introduced in very small detail doses. Just my ten penneth!

i like the idea definately, was thinking about a half carbon trd spoiler and not sure what else to the outside really, i have the red of the badges and the red stripe on the wheels so mayb i could leave it there for now with the exterior

yeh i like that, with the little red detail next to it

sorry for being so new to all this, just i love this car, dont want to ruin it and people on here all so good at what they do, helps to get views from other peoples eyes,

trd spoiler a good option as the rest of the car is?

TRD rear spoiler is always a good choice and will sit very well with the kit you have on there, particularly with the carbon blade.

Don't apologise for asking mate, we're not experts on style as it's so personal and subjective (my choice of new rear spoiler instead of the TRD I have on there at the moment is testament to that!). Facelift rear lights might be an option but I'd leave the rest as is mate.

Interior - personally, not a fan of the red around the gearstick and on the handbrake but that's just me. I'd sooner it was all black with small touches of red, maybe TRD logo stitched into the seats in red, red lights behind the dials etc but nothing of any real size.

yeh thanks for the tips, any ideas on where i can get seats re trimmed?? want black leather with red stitiching,

what spoiler do you have on yours then? did you sell the trd one then

i am looking out for the rear lightsm like the look of them

thanks again for the help mate, makes me more reassured of asking anything on here

i like the idea definately, was thinking about a half carbon trd spoiler and not sure what else to the outside really, i have the red of the badges and the red stripe on the wheels so mayb i could leave it there for now with the exterior

might be little expesive and unsure where to get it done butcould you have the carbon bit with a red weave in the carbon, seen a few bonnets wth a coloured thread in the weave

might be little expesive and unsure where to get it done butcould you have the carbon bit with a red weave in the carbon, seen a few bonnets wth a coloured thread in the weave

wow can imagine that looks realy nice, would love to know somewhere that does that

anyone know anywhere that would retrim the seats??

Sorry but a TRD badge on a car with nothing TRD on it looks wrong, if its on a replica then fine but on a stock bodied car it looks daft, all in my opinion ofcourse.

I'd get the seats retrimming in a nice lively red, that would look v nice, with the stitching in the same colour, a bit like this perhaps

1650438744_fe6b99a69a.jpg

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

the rear and side skirts are trd, the engines had a few parts done to it, its getting there

Sorry mate but their not TRD, the side skirts look like o/e Toyota, can't tell on the rear bumper but all TRD kit is Widebody so wouldn't fit without the rest of the kit

What engine parts are TRD ?

My car has a replica TRD widebody kit on it if you want to see what a TRD car looks like in my garage or heres one i have a pic of

TRD_3000GT_Supra.jpg

ah yeh course, had a mental lapse of kit knowledge there :) was completely off track!! love the widebody kit, maybe one day when im blessed with a little more money :)

No worries mate, fit the TRD badge at the same time you fit the kit or buy the car ;):)

yeh good plan :) thanks for the help, no ones said 'what an idiot yet' so i may be doing ok on here :) any ideas the cost of retrims from the gibson place?

does the front end of mine look alright i.e the bumper/splitter amongst supra fans, jus want other opinions as i keep umming and aring