The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Longest Lasting Single

nick_karkie

To all you knowledgeable guys out there, what is the longest lasting single turbo set up that has been known in the UK (in terms of miles covered)? Anyone know the answer? maybe someone knows the longest lasting on stock internals and also modified bottom end?

Just curious as I have not really seen any setups that stand the test of time and by that I mean to endure more than 100k+ miles.

thanks guys

depending on quality of parts used and money put into the conversion i personally believe that a single is as dependable as a TT. its when you start upping boost and driving like a nutter that you begin having problems.

i know one of my friends who isnt on this forum who has had a single for over 4 years and never ever had a single issue.

Branners' UK car was still going strong when he sold it. Must've been 4+ years he had it Single Turbo.

My (ex) RSP VVTi 6sp (now SteveR's) has been single for, blimey - I dunno, it was big single when I got it in 2006 and it had been single for, iirc, a couple of years before that. SteveR is still using it regularly I believe. He takes it to the Nurburgring so it can't be on its last legs just yet.

My (ex) RSP VVTi 6sp (now SteveR's) has been single for, blimey - I dunno, it was big single when I got it in 2006 and it had been single for, iirc, a couple of years before that. SteveR is still using it regularly I believe. He takes it to the Nurburgring so it can't be on its last legs just yet.

If I remember rightly the chap selling it had just had it rebuilt following some sort of engine failure and it was to be sold with just a base map installed needing a little more running in before final mapping...I probably still have the emails from him somewhere. I guess that reset the counter on the engine back then so that would make for a good one to track the life of the built engine. Do you recall what mileage was on it when you bought it?

To all you knowledgeable guys out there, what is the longest lasting single turbo set up that has been known in the UK (in terms of miles covered)? Anyone know the answer? maybe someone knows the longest lasting on stock internals and also modified bottom end?

Just curious as I have not really seen any setups that stand the test of time and by that I mean to endure more than 100k+ miles.

thanks guys

great thread starter