scotty71

Which way do I go on my light refurb  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which way do I go on my light refurb

• Carbon wrap the insides leaving the rings chrome
    • Spray the insides black leaving the rings chrome
    • Colour code to 199 silver leaving the rings chrome

*update*

I went with the black matt and leaving the chrome rings.. The rings were not to bad mainly underneath the ring section but there is a bit of tarnish still on the inside of the smaller ring. Im getting these done at an electroplater in Burton so the job gets a perfect finish. They chrome things, all sorts of things :D

After these are finished I will be using them and I will take off the set of J Spec's I currently have on (which are better than the ones I have refurbed) and refurb those the same and put them up for sale so I will take offers (dibbs) on the set as I havent started them yet. I will update with a for sale thread when I start the next refurb. Glad I went matt black and not carbon wrap looking at the two pics now

Righty Im currently refurbing my headlights as when I bought the car in Jan the lights were really yellowed and condensated. I bought a pair of used J Spec's which were better than mine and when buffed using a Megiuars polisher and plastx came up a treat:d

So to my old lights. I have split them and had enough carbon wrap to do half a light, just to see what I thought. I think it looks pukka but I am undecided so thought I would post up a pole;) Based on the carbon wrap pics do I

1. Carbon wrap the lights leaving the chrome rings.

2. Spray the insides of the lights black leaving the chrome rings.

3. Colour code the insides to 199 Silver as has been done before.

Scotty

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

you can't leave your chrome rings, look at the state of them! yellow and peeled.

Carbon looks good, not sure about what it would look like on a car though. Go for black.

Lol yes they are not the best, I would get these redone... place in Burton re-chromes things:D all sorts of things

scotty

The carbon wrap looks horrible IMO, that is very chav/barry boy modification :(

The chrome rings are in poor conditions so a complete overhaul is going to be the most tasteful option.

Clean it all up, paint the rings in silver paint, the backs in matt black and you have a very clean and as modern look as you can get DIY. Unless moving to proper facelift lights..

I'd like to see them finished with the glass back on before i commit, i dont see it as a chav mod as its far too difficult to do properly for them to even contemplate it, whatever you do though the rings need refurbing at the same time.

Colour code to silver is not going down to well:d

Hence why its bottom of the list Jamie:D the carbon wrap is more subtle with the lens back on. Colour code is not an option but I have seen someone on here did it so threw it in the pole for a bit more choice

scotty