The mkiv Supra Owners Club

getrag sixer

gt4tosupra

Just the box? full conversion kits go for 2.5k so id guess about £1500-1700.

I would guess the box would include the clutch at least though? Not much use I would imagine. Going rate used to be £2.5, prices seem to have gone up lately. The last one that was selling for 2.5k was seen as a bargain.

As Jamie said though, to get the 3k it would need to be a kit.

Is the plan to chuck out the 6spd, chuck in an auto then sell for bottom dollar?

forking bejesus! Honestly that much? I could sell the gearbox and buy a tt engine and auto box and get it all installed prob make profit as well for that!:D

Yeah I reckon you could get a TT & an auto box for a 6spd & N/A exchange :)

forking bejesus! Honestly that much? I could sell the gearbox and buy a tt engine and auto box and get it all installed prob make profit as well for that!:D

You won't get that much as you don't have the TT running gear, just the box. If you did, I would have bought your car by now. :p

I would guess the box would include the clutch at least though? Not much use I would imagine. Going rate used to be £2.5, prices seem to have gone up lately. The last one that was selling for 2.5k was seen as a bargain. As Jamie said though, to get the 3k it would need to be a kit. Is the plan to chuck out the 6spd, chuck in an auto then sell for bottom dollar?

Well 2 plans really, either keep the car and swap the 6sp for a tt engine and auto box, or sell the 6sp box and sell the car seperate with an auto or a 5 sp, and if bottom dollar was 3k for the car without the 6sp, thats not bad as people are already offering silly low prices for the car as it is now with the 6sp, more like the pricse an NA auto would go for tbh:tongue:

Due to your car being a 6 speed SZ-R your factory final drive ratio is 3.769.

If you change to a 5 speed box or even an automatic but leave the NA engine in place then technically you should change the final drive ratio to 4.083 otherwise the car will feel underpowered and will be relatively slow to accelerate. The easiest way of doing this would be to buy a complete diff and do a straight swap provided prop and drive shafts are compatible.

Failing that a suitable ring gear and pinion could be fitted to the original diff casing.

Should you do an TT engine swap however your problems are solved. (I think)