The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Caliper woes... I don't believe this!

Guest Suprafly

Guest Suprafly

Right, after a long long long search for a replacement front left j-spec caliper I called Jap Parts in Stockton who had one, so went to Stockton to pick it up, cost £125, got back home and set about the job fitting it, I stripped the old binding one off, fitted both new discs and then mounted the caliper, it was then that I noticed that the bleed nipple didn't look straight and on closer inspection found the surrounding caliper housing all split!!!

By the time I got home I couldn't call them back as it was too late and they'd shut for the weekend, so I'm going to have to call them on Monday morning and get a replacement if they have one and if they don't, a full refund.

But.... I bet they play the "it was fine when you collected it" card, then I'll basically not have a leg to stand on.

They say they test the parts, but they couldn't have tested this without noticing, because it would have failed.

I'm a bit miffed tonight about it, but I've got a big curry and plenty booze to ease the tension.

Guest Suprafly

Yeah well I'll have to see what they say on monday, I'll either get another one, or not and be £125 out of pocket and still be searching for another one.

How hard is it to find these J-spec calipers?

How hard is it to find these J-spec calipers?

Should be pretty easy, have you looked / asked in the classifieds on here?

I gave my last set away (with discs, pads, etc), and the set before that I scrapped. I can't believe you paid so much for one!

Guest Suprafly
Should be pretty easy, have you looked / asked in the classifieds on here?

I gave my last set away (with discs, pads, etc), and the set before that I scrapped. I can't believe you paid so much for one!

I know stop reminding me, I feel properly ripped off.

I posted in the wanted section on the 9th but have had zero replies.

:search:

Guest Suprafly
Remember theyre the same as Soarer and Aristo so that widens your choice. Also at 125 you got your pant pulled down buddy :(

....and greased up proper.

Desperation mate.