The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are fog lights adjustable?

bodilx6

I recently installed HIDs in my fogs and take a look at how they are directed:

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/Public/fog.JPG

Drivers side are much higher and therefore blinding to oncoming traffic.

My low beams are fine (don't mind to colour. They were warming up):

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/Public/low.JPG

Any idea what causes this?

Both are 6000k and the color of the top pic.

The screws in there, aren't they for the dipped beam? I don't want to mess with them before i actually know what it what. Also, to me it looks like quite an adjustment that is needed. Is it possible at all?

Thanks

Can't help you with the problem, but if you use them when it's not foggy, you're a twat. As a biker that is one of my pet hates - fog lights are blinding and can be very disorienting. The only other time I will use mine is if I'm on an unlit country road, and I'll switch them off if another vehicle is approaching, same as with high beams.

Also one of my pet hates regarding rear fogs. But I've never experiences front fogs to be blinding in any way, unless it was some crap mountet on some ricer...

I know fogs aren't directed away from oncoming traffic as the dipped beam are, but still, I've nevet seen any bother. Well, maybe at night time. Here in Denmark they are legal as driving lights during day time (which are required by law - daytime lights that is).

This is why I would like to be able to use them, it would be nice to be able to have lights on and not having to dash board dimmed in the daytime.

I just can't figure why there is such a bit height difference between the right and left hand fogs!!! Grrrr :)