The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Covering rear spoiler holes

Justin

Yeah sorry I meant the Roy that is big not BigRoy. :D

Roy, can you point me out where I can get these same grommits mate?

PS I'm not de-spoilering I've fitted an APR GT Race spec wing to the back. Looks sweet apart from the holes left behind and the knackered paintwork where the old spoiler used to sit.

I'm hoping to respray the paintwork and then fit grommits on top of that.

Originally posted by Justin

I'm hoping to respray the paintwork and then fit grommits on top of that.

If you're getting the paintwork done, why don't you get the holes filled at the same time??? - It would look much better, and you can always see where the filled parts were from inside the boot, in case you want to put the stock one back on at a later date...

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

If you're getting the paintwork done, why don't you get the holes filled at the same time??? - It would look much better, and you can always see where the filled parts were from inside the boot, in case you want to put the stock one back on at a later date...

Time, money, don't wanna get ripped of by a bodyshop.

• 9 months later...
got any pictures of the APR GT Race spec wing Justin ?

Mines not race spec. The race spec is as per F&Furious (ie is two fins angled to touch eachother to look like one big fin) mine is two fins (double deck)

See pics for your amusement.

APR 1.jpg

APR 2.jpg

APR 3.jpg

APR 4.jpg

APR 5.jpg

Still pains me to look at those photos Justin.

Especially those spare AVS wheels, just like mine. And the spare Aerotop roof panel in silver... just like mine. Not to mention the dash pieces....

:)

Damn shame to see an Aerotop so like mine go like that though

:cry:

Mate I know! and I'm sorry I never managed to recover any of the above items for you and the other orbiting large wing spanned birds that you see in cowboy films that were after spares at the time. Tesco motor insurance has all the bits and has probably made three new silver supras from them. I did try mate I promise, I asked them where it was going and if I could buy the wreck back but they never got back to me.

What grommet do you use to cover the oval shaped hole?

CHeers

I bought a packet of black plastic grommits from halfords then painted and lacquered them. I glued them in just using clear silicone so they can be ripped out at anytime if you want.

Worked OK for me and nobody has ever picked up on the cover up and mentioned it. They might have said 'sh*t wheels' or 'gay floor mats' but never 'dodgy hole covering up technique, looks bad'