The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good day

Supra_Sean

Hello all, New to the site and was point here by POT, I have just got a 1999 n/a jap import manual supra, Its had a bit done to it due to it being an ex track car,

I need some help with wheels tho as i had to run on a flat and have fooked the wheel so need to get a new set of rims just cant find any anywhere and i aint got a clue what will fit ?

I live on the wirral when i aint in the army as im based in Germany.

Say hello form me :)

Seal or bad paint where you mean mate ?

Thats the date it was first regstired thats all i know. I dont know anything at all about supra's cause i never thought in my life time i would be able to afford one at my age. So what does this mean if its a pre-faccelift ? better for parts wheels etc etc ? still a mk4 tho yeah ?

Cheers Sean

:) Welcome sean, now thats a front bumper ive not seen before, i would defenatly put the front number plate on straight looks weird on one side, as for wheels there are plenty of traders on here and wheel sellers around that can offer you wheels just get the correct offset wider back wheels than front, look in the for sale section JamieP has a nice set for sale

Cheers

-Ian-

Yes and them stickers will be coming off when i get to play with the car along with the front number plate being replaced, Hate stickers on cars, well them sort of stickers anyways haha

Even though stickers arent everyones cup of tea if your car is equiped with noz then you really should keep the stickers on the back even a small sticker on the boot just to let emergency services know its in the car incase of an accident (lesson from experience talking here) just an opinion for everyones safety including your own

Good to see you signed up mate :) - The car looks pretty nice, and you kept that NOS bit quiet you git!... lol

However northeast_supra has a fair point about keeping a sticker on the car just in case, thinking about it, shouldn't there be a 'compressed gas' style sticker, like with LPG?...

Anyhow, glad you're on here (And membershipped already? The forces are paying you too much... lol ;)), you'll find everything you need, and loads of knowledge, and you mentioned on FB your car already had a club sticker on it, maybe chuck a post up in the 'Was it you' board to see of the old owner's on here?...

However northeast_supra has a fair point about keeping a sticker on the car just in case, thinking about it, shouldn't there be a 'compressed gas' style sticker, like with LPG?...

The hazardous "compressed gas" stickers are only required on commercial vehicles (artics, ambulances, works vans, etc).

Although it'd be a first to see a Supra with a hazardous sticker on it...

Cheers Pot, Well you said you get the membership so i listened to the wise one and got it haha, Well you never asked if it had nos :p yeah i think i learnt a bit about my last nite witch it good :)

The car has been layed with but i dont know how much, Its got a quick shift and feels like its got a sports clutch of some kind cause its dead stifh and short if you get me or are they like this anyhows ?

Soon as im home in may im getting it on the dyno just to see what its running :)

Cheers for the welcome everyone :)