The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spark Plugs

Stonkin

Sorry guys, i have read the thread, twice, just want to make sure i get the right part. Its a single turbo phr t61 running at 1.0 bar and 1.4 bar

ive been told to get the copper plugs, which im presuming is the ngk's.

which narrows it down to:

NGK BCPR7ES / NGK BKR7E (single rated to 1.3 bar)

or

NGK BCPR8ES / NGK BKR8E (single rated to 1.8 bar)

I have just been reading http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk and can only see the BCPR7ES on there, so am a bit confused.

Can anyone who has recently bought some advise please? Also keen to know the best place to order from, i'm just about to get some bits from opie oils, can i also get these from there?

cheers

Edited by Stonkin (see edit history)

Can anyone help please, really need to order these today.

Ive just spoken to sparkplugs.co.uk who has said i either need the following plugs but obviously she cant fully advise

BCPR7ES - GRADE 7

BKR7E - GRAGE 7 but 2.5mm shorter than above

BCR8ES - GRADE 8

I would go with the grade 7, but am unsure which 1 and also not sure if it is ok running a single at 1.4 when the guide says it is rated only up to 1.3

Why dont you call Whifbits or another one of the Traders on here that work on them.

I'd have thought you'd be putting Iridium plugs in it rather than Platinum but then im not single and only BPU so cant advise on your set up

The guide goes to 1.3 then to 1.8 so if your running 1.4 i guess you go up to the grade 8's and not the 7's, if you go Platinum there cheaper but dont last as long as the more expensive Iridium

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)