The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Leak

Lee_e

Hey guys , as the tittle says really.

I have a boost leak coming from the base of my HKS Racing type1 BOV, its pretty old as it is anyway.

My sup is currently at my local garage getting the water pump replaced and they have told me the BOV is letting quite alot of pressure out of a small crack on the base near the flange.

The dude at the garage says it needs to be replaced A.S.A.P but the welded on flange ( located on the inter-cooler pipe) will only fit an HKS BOV as others makes have a different style or shape fixing, now, I trust him as hes been superb with me in the last year with my supra.

real question is.... would anybody like to sell me any type of HKS BOV? preferably an SSQV with purple fin :D... i will only need the unit itself as i already have vac pipes and the flange (obviously)

If not then can anybody recommend a reasonably priced retailer to purchase this.

cheers guys

yes, or so iv been told.... it has a plastic part that secures it to the welded on flange then the unit itself itself is alluminium.

and no its a genuine HKS ..... problm solved now anyway as i have fitted an hks ssqv with silver fin :D very nice sound aswell.

cheers for all your ...... help? i guess lol