The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New member saying hello

viper

hi everybody,

my name is viper, im based in the west midlands and am in the process of selling my last car, an mx5 turbo.

When it has sold i am looking to buy a manual non turbo to get started.

as much as i would love a turbo or two the prices are just a tad to high although i will be doing some research but i dont think for my pittiful 4000 pound budget ill get a decent turbo. although to make it a bit harder im not intrested in anything unless its manual.

so anyway from preioise experiance i know the best place to gain advice is from forums like this.

so if anybody has any suggestions or tips what so ever about any thing supra related i would be all ears.

again hello and look forward to being a member of the pack.

:innocent:

thanks for the warm welcome,

i guess i better get looking into some n/a's then, maybe even have a little look into turbo kits for the future.

Do a few search's on here fella, and you will see that it will work out cheaper to do a TT swap rather than n/a'/t. The TT swap you can pick up for around £1800 or fitted for £2300.

Do a few search's on here fella, and you will see that it will work out cheaper to do a TT swap rather than n/a'/t. The TT swap you can pick up for around £1800 or fitted for £2300.

ah now thats what i had in mind but had no idea if it was possible.

thats great help thanks.

i understand the n/a is quite a down grade with other bits also such as susspention, lsd etc? am i right?

oh also anyone recomend insurance company for youngish drivers.

im 23 iv got a few quotes but thought id ask around.

Insurance try elephant as thats who I was with at the age, and as for the down grade, alot of n/as are different due to optional extras from new iirc such as lsd box and so on. I have a n/a myself as I am building up my no claims for my next supra.

My first policy at 23 was with Bell - they were the cheapest for me then (not so good with modifications though), but Greenlight were cheaper second time around (more modifications declared). Bell also do a bonus accelrator 10 month policy, which may be worth considering if you need to get your NCD up.

Last time I spoke to Sky, they weren't insuring under 25s (or so I was told) and I think A-plan were the same.

There are several threads about good insurance companies, have a search and read through - there's plenty of good advice in them.

Welcome and good luck with the search :)

Hi and welcome. Be very careful with insurance companies, some still know very little about imported cars. Some are far more knowledgeable than others. Don't believe on line quotes, talk to a human. I don't know if it still happens, but there was a time when the NA was the most expensive MKIV to insure though some companies.

i understand the n/a is quite a down grade with other bits also such as susspention, lsd etc? am i right?

oh also anyone recomend insurance company for youngish drivers.

im 23 iv got a few quotes but thought id ask around.

Bar the engine and gearbox most of the spec is very similar, some N/A's come with LSD's aswell.

In regard to insurance you should give Admiral a try, I was paying £2k for my N/A with them at 19, I'm 21 now and paying £1k on a TT with points and mods declared.

OH MY GOD

just got a quote with admeral for a twin turbo supra.

the best i had on the N/A was 1100pounds the TT i cant beleive 888.45 a year.

Right thats it who has a tt for sale.

tell me all i need to know about them although i dont think 4000 is going to be enought?