The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Trac butterfly removal

SimonB

Just fitted my trac butterfly removal kit, but I've got a couple of questions. First I thought the motor was removed, but it looks like this isn't the case, is that right? And with the kit there were four bolts, three small ones and a slightly longer one. What are they for? Couldn't see anything that needed a bolt ?

Had a nightmare getting the screws that hold the butterfly plate to the bar out, they wouldn't budge and I stripped the heads and had to drill them out and then spend ages cleaning all the swarf out of the TB. Took me a while to figure out how to get the bar out as well before I realised a hammer was the answer :)

Originally posted by Syed Shah

The bolts replace the screws, you don't have to use them. As for the motor, you dont have to put it back on. Not sure if it will give an error code though if left disconnected though.

No problem there, I got rid of the trac ecu when I fitted my RLTC and took the bulb out to stop the flashing trac warning light. I've got the motor disconnected atm, but I think you'd need something to plug the gap? There's a metal plate bolted to the bottom of the motor that would hold the small round alu plug in place on its own I think, but it has a big hole in it. I think I might get a alu plate, cut it to the same shape as the motor mounting and bolt that to the metal plate and then the whole lot back on in place of the motor.

Here's the hole in the throttle body where the motor goes:

Guess you're right thinking about it. I've got some sheet ally in the garage, maybe I'll stick a bit of that on for cosmetic reasons to stop it looking like there's a big hole in my throttle body!

Thanks for the help...:thumbs: