The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whoops.

pistonbroke

Got home from work today a bit early, so I thought I'd wack my new PCV valve on. I pulled the old one off easliy enough, then, when it came to removing the plastic gromit thing in the cam cover that the valve sits in. The outer part broke off being all brittle with age, and the rest fell into the engine........cam covers off then :(

Edited by pistonbroke (see edit history)

Now I'm forced to take the cam covers off, I've been putting it off to pay someone else to do it :D

Two issues I had when I tried it last time. The bastard bolts at the back were blocked by a pipe which I didn't want to remove, now I'll have to.

The other is the loom that has the wires for the coil pack coming off it, the big one that goes over (just behind) the cam shaft sprockets would not move an inch last time I tried to lift it off. I didn't want to force it in case something broke.........I've no choice now :D

Job done :D

Had a mare with the metal pipe at the back, ended up just taking the whole thing off rather than wrestle with it.

Dude was right, the baffle is below the PCV valve hole so the rubber was sitting at a little box section that I managed to fish out with needle nose pliers.