The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD replica steering wheel

ray007

I don't think it is. I have been askijng him questions and they won't supply bigger pictures. There is one, they listed it for £600 originally and I have been watching it get relisted at a lower price each time. I offered £250 a while ago and they said the best offer so far was £280 and wouldn't budge....now its £200.

Plus when you ask questions they say they are selling it for a mate so will have to find out and get back to you.

I asked him if it was for sale on here because those exact pictures have been on here a few months back, and the other forum. He said no.

You can't really tell from the pictures if it is a good replica. I would guess it is based on an on MR2 Wheel, but then again that had an airbag. Maybe it is an airbag but had no wires due to the metal ring hitting you in the face if it went off.

I was going to buy it, but might aswell get a momo

Edited by jackso11 (see edit history)

If you never had an airbag, then cool, but if you have one to loose it in such a fast car is pure madness. The TRD hits you a very subtle slap in the face when it goes off, wont burst your spleen and leave a nice sherbet dip flavour on your lips. It rips in a V shape and unlike many other cars airbags you dont get a hard cover assulting you.

They look darn nice too :)

Guest blueangel

It is Niz he tried to sell it to me on facebook today guys, doesnt look too bad but if you could get someone near him to check it out first , said he also had a real one but it needs a refurb

It looks good in the pictures, but what is the point of buying a non-airbag steering wheel for £200.

A momo wheel that costs £150 will be far superior quality. In my mind a fake/replica of any wheel is worth a max of £50-£60, nowhere near £200.

Did the original TRD wheels have red stitching?

In my mind a fake/replica of any wheel is worth a max of £50-£60, nowhere near £200.

A bit of sense ^ :) Anyone paying £200+ for essentially a (fake) trd centre cap on a wheel that probably cost a few quid to make in the Far East needs their head looked at imo.