The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Straight swap?

Supra-Power

I've had this problem in work when i have to MOT cars with large diameter tailpipes it tends to put the CO and Lambda readings throught the roof. found a quick fix that works, don't know if your MOT station would try it though!!

Where you shove the pipe up the exhaust to measure emissions, get them to do that as normal then shove something around the exhaust, I've found a normal black bin does wonders!! try and get it as far over the exhaust as you can and this recirculates the exhaust gasses around and lowers the Lambda and CO! Its somehing to do with to much air getting into the exhaust probe and giving dodgy readings!

Not sure if that sounds clear enough though!;)

It has worked everytime for me and did so on saturday when i MOT'd a mates calibra turbo with 6x4 oval pipe!

Hope that helps