The mkiv Supra Owners Club

is this worthy of a mag feature?

L33

hi guys

brother in law is a bit of a dab hand with pics and photoshop i found out today. we went and took a load of pics of my car and then made up like a mini mag/poster feature

shown a few people and they mentioned it could get in a mag, just wondered how or if its worthy as im not even close to the same league as jamie p and the like but obviously would love it :)

thought i would share the pics on here and the little photoshop edit he made which i thought was very impressive!

Just read through that and I didn't mean for it to sound like a 'look at me' attention thread!

I'm generally interested to know the requirements mags look for and how to go about doing it

And I was also impressed how the pics came out so wanted to share :) the white wheels really are growing on me :)

That is much better. Shows off the alloys for what they are. IMO your car suits them much better than your chrome ones. I admit that you could have something a little more flash, but not as in your face as your other ones.

Need to get those lights facelifted, including the indicators :D

Scott just admitted he liked wheels not black :p cheers mate! I do think the pics don't really do the car justice! I no people knock the paint ect but I think these pics look lush, feel quite proud too :)

I have some facelift front indicators just not fitted yet, will wait til I get the side ones then fit both :)

I agree, the wheels look a lot better in those pics than they did in your other thread bud :)

The photos are good, but imo if you're going to take shots that 'far away' then you need a much more interesting back drop than a generic building. If you can't find a good spot then maybe consider closer up pics of the car. The see through bonnet one is good, always liked that idea. Some HDR shots of a flip painted car could be interesting too, or night-time shots.

Well I send pics and a little write up to a few mags last nite so have to wait and see! Sent to 5 in total :D lol but the only ones I'm interested in is the jap mags but I thought the chav mags might like the paint :D

Well I send pics and a little write up to a few mags last nite so have to wait and see! Sent to 5 in total :D lol but the only ones I'm interested in is the jap mags but I thought the chav mags might like the paint :D

what mags did u try?

Banzai, Jap performance and ..... ?

Those 2 as that's the ones I buy, but I tried max power, fast car and redline :D do I sound desperate! Not having a body kit will effect the last 3 mags I expect

na not desperate mate - u spent a lot of time and money on the car no harm in putting it out there to be considered - good luck :D

Well I was generally asking to see what the criteria is for a mag feature, a few on here have been in a mag or are about to be I just wondered do they get approached, no some one on the inside or send emails like I've now tried?

And those that have been featured have obviously spoke to the mag so I wondered if there is a tick list you have to meet to get in? As a mint standard car won't get in but why and what makes it a feature car?

hi L33

did i see you at toyota gt late last week??

if it was you i must say the car looked immaculate, very clean and original example. like everyone has said its definitely worth giving it a shot just to see what the mags will say.

Reline used to be quite good, just haven't bought any thing but japo since owning a supra unless a supra was in one of them!

Thanks for the comments

Hopefully a x feature member can shed some light on mag expectations. I no lui had a feature before he went single so not sure how he approached them or mayb he was asked?! And then was on one of the mag stands at jap fest last year

OMG!!!!!!!

Jap performace just rang me who was my main hope and should be able to do a shoot the first weekend in april!! Will contact me in a couple of days to confirm!! I actually had a bit of a tear from being so happy!! :)

And yes that was me there mate, your kit looked fantastic

OMG!!!!!!!

Jap performace just rang me who was my main hope and should be able to do a shoot the first weekend in april!! Will contact me in a couple of days to confirm!! I actually had a bit of a tear from being so happy!! :)

reeeeeeeeeeeesult!!! :D :D :D

OMG!!!!!!!

Told ya! Well done.:)