The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy e manage blue

mobsta_01

Hello all,

I have seen a few for sale on here, but i am still not sure what they are used for. :(

I know it is a piggy back ecu. But as i am not that tech minded i dont know what it does. :(

Could someone please explain to me what it is used for and what are it's functions. Someone said to me that it helps control the fuel when going na-t, but are there any functions/uses for a tt engine?

If so what are they? and does it help with controlling the boost? (ie incresing it) and does it help with fuel cut (same as fcd) when going bpu?

There are probably simple answers to these questions, but i have tried looking at its technical info and just got more confused. :(

Do a search on BPU and you will find most of the information.

Basically, a piggy back ECU is used to alter fuel injection in combination with the stock ECU in order to allow a proper mixture at a higher boost than stock. A piggy back unit does not control boost, therefore you have a boost controller (mechanical or electronic).

If you're fitting a TT engine and ECU, don't bother with an EMB. The extremely minor advantages are not worth the cost of fitting and mapping one.

If it's an NA-T that will be a whole different conversation...

Now that's the type of answer I was after :-D

I was thinking of going na-t (with the kit dazzi was selling), was buying the emb for that. but once again I was beaten to it :-(

I'm going to go na-tt now instead. I was wondering if the emb could be used in that or bpu. Thanks for your help Homer (i was actually going to pm you when I firsta had this query, but opted for askin the entire forum! guess I should just aim my querys at you next time ;-))