The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another fitted diffuser and vortex generator thread

hoff

Well after months of waiting around I have finally gotten around to fitting my Shine Auto diffuser and vortex generators:)

Massive thanks to Neilthenut for doing it for me:thumbs: I just held it in place:d

I'm very happy with the look, I wasn't too sure about the vortex generatotrs to start with but I like them now, especially from a side on view.

It took a little longer than expected, mainly because of trying to get the vortex equal on both sides before drilling the carbon fibre.

We also had to modify the brackets at the rear bumper end so that it sat close to the bumper. We fitted these along the little pastic strip between the buper and tank. The front brackets below the car are fitted to an existing bolt on the suspension arm (i think thats where he said it was, I'm sure he'll put me right though). For these I got some longer M6 bolts (for the diffser end) as the diffuser was sitting below the brackets, so therefore used spacers to crate the correct position.

Now it's on we will need a slight adjustment to either the exhaust bracket (to lift it) or trim the diffuser a little below the exhaust. The reason being that the exhaust is ever so slightly sitting on it which is pushing it down a touch on that side. So just a little tweak needed to level it up. It's not that noticable but we just want it right.

Also a big thanks to Jevensio for pointing out in his thread about the alternative bolts he used so they are more hidden:)

I think the vortex generators are going to be a bit hit and miss with some people but the more I look at them the more I like them. Plus I think they compliment the Veilside skirts too which I have a love hate relationship with:d

100_1564.jpg

100_1563.jpg

100_1565.jpg

100_1566.jpg

100_1567.jpg

looks good mate. What exhaust have you got?

Need to get those calipers painted red to match the wheelnuts :)

Cheers matey:) The exhaust is a Greddy/Trust Power Flow 2. I had a super dragger on before but it was far too big so had to sell it to get this one.

The calipers should have been done this week too but not got the time or space at the moment so i'll be doing them next week:)

Looking really good mate,

To be a pain can you take some pictures of the mounting points and stuff you had to modify. Im going to be doing this job very soon and the more help the better :)

:yeahthat: also, could you maybe measure the circumfrence of your backbox? i am worried incase my exhaust will be too large when i get round to fitting mine.

looks good on yours though, is that the carbon one?