The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dyno run yesterday with new single build

L33

Well yesterday was the big day for my car to see what power I've actually made after months of work

Well to be honest I was hugely dissappointed seeing the figures on the board until ryan explained the problem

My boostlogic auto box was changing gear at 6500 rpm because I have a piggy back ecu the standard ecu cannot have the rev limit changed. My 264 hks cams are not even in full effect yet because its not revving high enough. When the power stopped through changing gear the power curve was still on the up

Ryan is now having a think about what's next and possibly just go down the route of the stand alone solaris which I have to do as I've come this far I need to see what this car can really do

So far we have mapped the car to 1 bar and still have 500 bhp!! So with a stand alone, rasing the revs and getting the cams goin this should make 600 easy at 1.5 bar :)

Stil 500 bhp is amazing, and ryan found this extremly amusing seeing my face on the road test :( a camera moment apparently!

As always a huge thanks to ryan and surry rolling road, really nice guys and a pleasure to have met

Hoping this will all start work near the end of the month so will update then. Thanks to every one for guidance here to through out my build and potentially making a very powerful machine :)

Edited by L33 (see edit history)

You can defeat the stock rev limiter with the EMU Lee, if you want to give it a try? I've had some success with it although it really needs a dyno session to sort it as you have to compensate for timing being pulled by the stock ECU as well. Ryan should have it sussed as a go/no go quite quickly with a bit of testing. Get him to drop me a line :)

-Ian

Yea sorry I need to update I made some recent changes, I have the aem fic as I had 2 faulty emus, and I now have the borg warner 91 79 turbo :)

I want to go with the solaris so I can get more power then messin about with 3 piggy backs that's not doin me favours!

The screamer pipe....omg :)

I have a 3800 high stall and to be honest its nothing like people said, its fine as a daily driver! I have one rad and fan for the gear box oil and its staying arounf 60 degrees which is good! U can't feel any change in the gears on full throttle as the highstall doesn't go below the 3800 so its just like constant power! Have to be doin like 40 mph before u can floor it as the wheels want to spin like mad and stil do at 40 :) I don't no now u manual boys do it, both my hands are glued to the wheel and eyes on the road, I can't imagin the distraction of having to change gear or to even pull my head out the bacl of the seat :)

Yea sorry I need to update I made some recent changes, I have the aem fic as I had 2 faulty emus, and I now have the borg warner 91 79 turbo :)

I want to go with the solaris so I can get more power then messin about with 3 piggy backs that's not doin me favours!

The screamer pipe....omg :)

I have a 3800 high stall and to be honest its nothing like people said, its fine as a daily driver! I have one rad and fan for the gear box oil and its staying arounf 60 degrees which is good! U can't feel any change in the gears on full throttle as the highstall doesn't go below the 3800 so its just like constant power! Have to be doin like 40 mph before u can floor it as the wheels want to spin like mad and stil do at 40 :) I don't no now u manual boys do it, both my hands are glued to the wheel and eyes on the road, I can't imagin the distraction of having to change gear or to even pull my head out the bacl of the seat :)

Glad all the problems have been sorted, sounds like she is going well now.

You will soon get use to the power and want more, mark my words;)

Time to enjoy, its been a long time coming, Got a dyno graph?:)

Yea they printed one out but a 480 one? Rather just put the final one up plus I dint have a scanner :)

Dude, I'm not sure what they done with the od button but think they tried every thing! I have to read up on all the manu and od button stuff again, its been a while and I've forgot

Funny you shhould say that jamie I just said the same to the gf as I just went out for a blip, feels slower than yesterday lol

Why can you not hold the car in gear manually???, that way it can rev to whatever you want, hold it in 3rd by switching the OD off, how do you think I ran 10's in my silver car???

Its on a piggyback so stock ecu is in place causing rev cut at 6600rpm.

not on an AEM standalone like you had

Ryan

Fair enough :) The Solaris seems to be turning into the ideal solution for price, features, reliability, and Ryanness ;)

Cheers guys its about time this came together and I had some luck

If ryan is able to get a solaris to work on a auto I will be the 1st :) that to me is pretty cool :)

I was bricking it seein my car on the dyno for many reasons, the amount of problems I had would some thing else go wrong, the lack of trust in the builder, if the 2nd hand BL box was infact a BL box which I think it now is and very impressed with and if I would keep it cold enough as I was advised for a second cooler but at the moment its perfect :)