The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maybe water pump Leak

Lee_e

Hey guys

Sorry to be an ass, im sure you have heard lots of threads about leaking pipes etc

I need some expert advise :)

I have a coolant Leak coming from somewhere near the back of the engine :( Im going through a radiator and a tanks worth every 5 days or so, Now reading other threads it would lead me to beleive either a pipe is perished/lose/buggered or worse case its the water pump. I have also checked the oil and there is no sign of collant in there so that maybe lessons the possibility of it being my head gasket.

When i start the car there is a steady drip of coolant coming from just next to the oil sump plug, i have looked as hard as i can do see where its coming from but to no avail, any advice what it might be ??

Iv checked all visible coolant hoses etc and there all tight and dry, iv heard something about a hose which site behind the engine ?? maybe this has come lose , im at a lose with this one.

The cars booked in tommorrow at my local performance place which they will try and locate the problem but if it is the water pump (hopefully not) what will i be roughly looking at for a replacement and labour costs ?

Cheers guys and sorry in advance if iv just put this in the wrong section

oh and i have a jspec BPU Auto TT

If it's leaking water that bad, it won't be the head gasket

i think you may have just made me sleep that little bit better dude , im really starting to get worried as to what it is :(

guess ill find out what it might be tomorrow. Dont you Just hate it when your pride and joy is hurting, really puts a downer on me seeing as its my daily drive and iv looked after her soo much its painfull to see her like this ( plays a little violin)

also is it common with a leak that it will suck coolant in from the tank ? i seem to go through a tanks worth in about 2 days :(

Edited by Lee_e (see edit history)

thanks for the advice etc guys , just got it back from SPC and low and behold Mr Wilson does it again.

water pump seals have gone so a new one has been ordered and will be replaced along with all coolant pipes and a new cambelt just for good measure.

thanks for the Help guys :)