The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fog Light Mod

Soonto_HAS_soop

Right, I managed to get off my arse and do the fog light mod on my J Spec the other weekend, the only problem I have now is with the bulb warning light.

If I have the fogs off and the side lights on and press the brake, no problems.

If I have the fogs on, the side lights off and press the brake, no problems.

If I have the Sidelights and the fogs on and don't press the brake, everything is fine.

However, If I have all 3 on at the same time, then the bulb warning light comes on, and doesn't go out until I stop the engine and restart the car. No bulbs are broken either.

WTF have I done wrong or WTF do I need to do to stop this from happening?

Ben..

You've done nothing wrong, the lamp ecu is simply telling you that when you've got the fogs on, two of the brake light bulbs are no longer working. Hence the warning light.

You can do one of 4 things...

1, ignore it

2, remove the warning light bulb

3, find the wire that operates the warning light, cut the wire and turn it into a fog light warning lamp

4, modify the wiring at the bulb falure module and rewier it to work as above, but also still work as a bulb failure device when the fogs aren't working. I think Pete Betts had a wiring diagram for this.