The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Servicing + ICV

caseys

Well had a jaunt in the Sup yesterday - got to love both having a day off work and motorways/a-roads on the first sunny day for a while.

Did the 240 mile round trip to AFR to get my car a full service and also to try and sort out the idling issue I've been having.

Well AFR did a good job, also sourced me another ICV and fitted it even though I didn't mention this part until I arrived there at 9.30 in the morning, so can't say they aren't resourceful or lacking in stock :)

Drove car home and the idling issue was resolved perfectly, no lumpy idle when warm, no stuttering when cold start and also no dip in the revs when suddenly coming hard off the throttle at low speeds. Was having to change my driving style so that I didn't stall the car in stop start traffic but now I can drive it well... a fair bit harder :D Car feels lovely and smooth and they had a once over and nothing else wrong with it so I left a very happy chappy.

Dude also showed me a car up on the ramps which had a full underseal applied to it over the last 3 days and must say it put the underside of my car to shame. Also made me consider it as a) I have a UK spec, b) I want to keep the car long term c) I live 2 miles from the sea - so air is salty here. Rates for it seemed reasonable and I'd recommend checking it out, or Dude or Matt should get some photos of it now and post them up somewhere.

Though Matt did say mine was quite rust free for a J-spec of it's age until I pointed out mine is a UK and he said it was even better then for it's age :D But it's definitely on my list now for one of my long term items of work.

I do think you need to make changes to your upstairs reception area though. I think a nice framed set of the Car magazine article you had (even highlight the V6 ;) ) and maybe a pinball table wouldn't go amiss :)

Mods : I know we have iTrader feedback for items, is there any chance of including the same for pieces of work with auth'd traders i.e rebuilds, services, new installs etc?

Next up on my list :

6-speed conv

Restore of dash + OEM bodykit.

Fuelling/air work (pumps, swirl pot, injectors, rail, plenum).

Oh and thought the N*** WOW black reg car in there was quite tasty, and the P-reg facelift you guys were working on.

Thought I'd post all this up because it's nice just when routine maintenance and a little few parts can put a smile on your face.

Oh and they forgot to charge me for the fuel filter :p I did point this one out though :innocent: