The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Return of the smile....

wilfman

Just fitted the FCD. I could never make it as a bomb defuser... I was cacking it just cutting the ECU wire (is it the right one? what if I it aint and I stuff the engine?).

Had the RSR put on earlier in the week and have just taken it for its first blast.... WOW :p

For those who aint done this yet, it is well worth the money. The power delivery from the 2nd turbo is transformed.

Right, now down to the issue of restrictor rings.... I peaked at 1.19 bar tonight and I reckon there is a bit more. Are rings the way to go? Are they all the same or do I need to risk the engine by seeing peak boost and then getting one custom built?

If the boost is holding below 1.2 then that should be fine, I take it you still have your cats in ?? Do you have a EGT gauge, as running 1.19b with your cats in I would imagine build up a lot of heat. Once you remove 1/2 cats your boost will start raise even higher, then a restrictor ring will be needed to hold it down to around 1.2b.

:cool:

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

If the boost is holding below 1.2 then that should be fine, I take it you still have your cats in ?

I wouldn't have thought he'd be hitting 1.2 bar if he had either of the cats still on the car

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Well he cant have both cats out as Im sure he would be going over 1.19b, he might have one out.....

I disagree. This'll be interesting to hear Will's answer.

Shall we say a fiver Ash ? :tongue:

Originally posted by supra TT myster

In the technical bit go back to page 4 and its the 6th one down marked up with HELP Over boost, oh and he does have both cats in as i have seen it.

Don't post a link or anything Emin mate, make us work for it!

:tongue:

Back to Thread then!!!

Guys, both Cats are out.

Overtook something this morning and hit 1.28 bar! Then lose power. Nothing black out the back or anything like that...

Was due to meet up for the japfest convoy so abandoned at a hotel and went to ccommbe. As I pulled into the hotel it started to sound really rough. Called the RAC and he has replaced the i-cooler pipe which had come off. However the car is now only running on 5 cyls (hence it was sounding rough...). He tried swapping coils but No3 Cyl is still not playing....

Cheers Rich,

Hopefully it is just the spark plug on No3. Reading on the BBS, they seem to go around 1.2 bar.... I've tried removing it, but every 'driver I try to use to remove the coil pack doesn't bite, so I am going to leave it to the 'experts' at Toyota Monday.

Managed to get a lift down there with Ray (although my mind was elsewhere as you can imagine...). You were looking good on the track mate. Looked like you picked up quite a few stone chips?

Managed to take a ganders at the spark plugs this morning and they were looked fine. Tried swapping between Cylinders and it was still knackered on cyl 3.

Perhaps the power loss due to the intercooler pipe coming off and running on 5 cyls were unrelated as the missing cyl problem started about 5 mins after losing the boost? As I had fitted the FCD the day before I decided to recheck the wiring on the ECU. Everything looked OK (although it is starting to get cramped in the footwell with racelogic. fcd, etc) put the footwell back together and hey presto everything is now working!!

Smile back on face:p