The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member...!

Guest lsln_88

Guest lsln_88

Hey guys and girls, new member here.

Just bought my first supra, its a white targa top, imported, tt which is manual :)

This is going to be my lil project as its had a little bump on the back. (The previous owner reversed it into a 4x4 when trying to park it, god only knows how? lol).

So im hoping to find a few bits and maybe abit of advice on here :search:

Guest lsln_88

Didnt realise they were rare? :blink:

Its right hand drive so maybe it has been converted?

Did they definatly not make these in a rhd?

Will get some pics up tomorrow :)

Guest lsln_88
Have you actually seen it?

Yes ive towed it back to my garage today, lol.

I mean ive not had change to give it a good look over yet as had a very busy day, looking forward to tomorrow :eyebrows:

Guest lsln_88
Don't matter,Supras is like fine wine dude, gets better after stood a while. Just do a full service.

Ha ha thats nice to know :)

they never released a RHD aerotop manual so give it a good going over to see what was changed.

You can check the VIN code to see what model it was when it was from the factory.

It has certainly had a gearbox change or an engine change to make it an aero manual.

Didnt realise they were rare? :blink:

Its right hand drive so maybe it has been converted?

Did they definatly not make these in a rhd?

Will get some pics up tomorrow :)

It's not so much a case of being rare, Toyota never made an aerotop TT manual in RHD, so it will be a converted one.

Can you get details of the VIN plate (model and chassis number) so that it can be decoded to confirm what the car was originally?

My bet is it's either a TT GZ with a 5 or 6 speed gearbox conversion or an NA aero with a TT lump fitted.

Make sure you know what you're getting as it will affect your insurance and reliabilty/future mods for the car

Also can this be a negative thing towards future mods?

Yes, very much so. There are a huge number of differences between the models and determining your oringal (and current) spec is essential to understand the cars value and potential for future mods. It will make many thousands of pounds difference if you plan on modifying the car in the future.

As for future mods, this will only effect you if say you decide to run more power but only have a 5 speed gearbox from a NA

It's much more complex than that mate, the variation between models is significant.

Guest lsln_88

Oh thats good to know, the guy i got it off said it had a 6 speed box, but will check tomorrow.

Is it quite a common conversion then? auto-manual?

Thanx for the vin link monsween :)

Is it quite a common conversion then? auto-manual?

It's not uncommon, put it that way :D However it's not often done properly, hence the concern. If possible get us as many details as possible and we should be able to identify what you're buying :)

There's only a small handful (5-10) of RHD aero TT 6spds in the UK and most are know here. What colour/reg is it (PM reg if you prefer).