The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this the JSpec or UK Spec Whifbitz 2nd decat pipe?

dani_r

There is a chap selling this and there is no info about if it's a JSpec version or UK Spec. I know what you're thinking! "Just ask him". But it's been send to me via a friend so before I pursue I just wanted to make sure! Probably a long shot, but perhaps someone will know! Paul perhaps? :D

Many Thanks :)

Dan

thats off driftworks isnt it? jspec i wreckon

Aye, off driftworks!

Many thanks for your replies gents! We'll go with JSpec :) Can someone tell me if you can fit a 2nd decat without the restrictor ring on a TT or does it have to have it?

It will depend in part on the cat back system, but yes, I would recommend using a restrictor ring if you still have the 1st cat in.

BTW, I really do not recommend you go more than 0.9 bar if the 1st cat is still in place. If you want BPU get the 1st cat out.

It will depend in part on the cat back system, but yes, I would recommend using a restrictor ring if you still have the 1st cat in.

BTW, I really do not recommend you go more than 0.9 bar if the 1st cat is still in place. If you want BPU get the 1st cat out.

The exhaust is a Blitz Nur Spec R. Everything is all stock no increased boost or anything like that. Which sized ring do you recommend?

The NUR is very free flowing. The first cat will be quite restrictive, but I'd advise to get a smaller than normal restrictor until the 1st cat is replaced and you have BPU mods done. Chris Wilson should be able to supply one.

If you don't fit a restrictor or use a standard 1.2bar one it'll likely reach over 1bar in the current weather

The NUR is very free flowing. The first cat will be quite restrictive, but I'd advise to get a smaller than normal restrictor until the 1st cat is replaced and you have BPU mods done. Chris Wilson should be able to supply one.

If you don't fit a restrictor or use a standard 1.2bar one it'll likely reach over 1bar in the current weather

So a 1bar should be sufficient? I might even wait until I get a 1st decat and do it all in one hit, much easier than arsing around getting it all on and off again I suppose. If I did get a 1st decat, would it be ok to use the 1.2?

As you might already be able to tell, i'm very much new to all this!:D

It would certainly be easier if you do the 1st and 2nd cats at the same time along with the other bpu mods

Have a read here (click it): bpu

You'll go from ~300bhp to ~400bhp, but the biggest difference is the engine response. BPU is awesome :D

Just make sure your clutch is up to it. Are you still using an NA one?

It would certainly be easier if you do the 1st and 2nd cats at the same time along with the other bpu mods

Have a read here (click it): bpu

You'll go from ~300bhp to ~400bhp, but the biggest difference is the engine response. BPU is awesome :D

Just make sure your clutch is up to it. Are you still using an NA one?

I'm using an RPS Street Max clutch, I'm just worried about kicking the arse out of the gear box as I've heard a few people say it's not up to it? (5Speed) Hence why i wanted to avoid going full blown BPU really, but after reading that, the decats are pretty much what it does? (along with all the other little bits)

The decats allow the boost to be raised safely (though that is relative). The other mods must be done first though, otherwise it'll det, misfire and/or hit boost cut.

The clutch will be fine for BPU.

Gearbox is a still a bit unknown. The traders seem to rate them as fine for 400bhp, but feedback from members is a bit mixed. Try it and let us know if it breaks :D

The decats allow the boost to be raised safely (though that is relative). The other mods must be done first though, otherwise it'll det, misfire and/or hit boost cut.

The clutch will be fine for BPU.

Gearbox is a still a bit unknown. The traders seem to rate them as fine for 400bhp, but feedback from members is a bit mixed. Try it and let us know if it breaks :D

Right, so time to go shopping then!? I have a strange feeling this won't be inexpensive! Although nothing ever is with these cars :D

It's actually not that expensive to do BPU, you've already bought the pricey bits. Just need a 1st decat (£100), AFR gauge (£180), restrictor (£10), set of plugs (£14), fuel pump (£75) and an FCD (£70). Fitting is easy if you are DIY competent.

Just make sure your Intercooler is in good condition as that will make a massive difference to the performance.

It's actually not that expensive to do BPU, you've already bought the pricey bits. Just need a 1st decat (£100), AFR gauge (£180), restrictor (£10), set of plugs (£14), fuel pump (£75) and an FCD (£70). Fitting is easy if you are DIY competent.

Just make sure your Intercooler is in good condition as that will make a massive difference to the performance.

Hmm, I'm not too sure at the moment, might just leave it as it is for now! I don't particularly fancy opening up more power without at least looking at the braking of the car. I don't like the JSpecs as it is, nevermind with 400 horses! :blink: That would be the sensible option me thinks! If I can get a good setup for the brakes I will look into BPU definately.

Hmm, I'm not too sure at the moment, might just leave it as it is for now! I don't particularly fancy opening up more power without at least looking at the braking of the car. I don't like the JSpecs as it is, nevermind with 400 horses! :blink: That would be the sensible option me thinks! If I can get a good setup for the brakes I will look into BPU definately.

Meh, the smaller brakes are fine, for road use you won't find any real difference between them and the larger "UK" spec ones, unless you get to seriously illegal speeds. If you do track days then yes, it's another matter...

If your brakes don't give you confidence now there is something wrong with them. I used the smaller setup on my single and only ever had a problem with them after HARD use on a track day.

It is of course best to make sure the brakes are up to scratch before going down the power route. If you have problems it'll likely be due to worn components or unsuitable pad/disc choice.

Meh, the smaller brakes are fine, for road use you won't find any real difference between them and the larger "UK" spec ones, unless you get to seriously illegal speeds. If you do track days then yes, it's another matter...

If your brakes don't give you confidence now there is something wrong with them. I used the smaller setup on my single and only ever had a problem with them after HARD use on a track day.

It's certainly something I need to look at. I've always felt uneasy with them, and so I've never hammered it hard too often. I've heard that Chris Wilson does some very good pads for the JSpec setup which I will look into.

On another note though, I may have already bought the decat pipe so, really, i'm pretty much gunna do it :D I just really don't wanna break my car! :badidea:

Good point, didn't spot your location! I'd personally consider the smaller brakes fine for 120mph driving, but if you're using them hard above that a larger setup would be a wiser choice.

They will do a hard stop from 180mph (don't ask!), but don't expect them to work very well again until they have properly cooled down.

Good point, didn't spot your location! I'd personally consider the smaller brakes fine for 120mph driving, but if you're using them hard above that a larger setup would be a wiser choice.

They will do a hard stop from 180mph (don't ask!), but don't expect them to work very well again until they have properly cooled down.

Christ! 180mph!?!? If I get to that speed, I'm almost 100% sure I'd soil myself! 120-150 tops is probably what you might expect over here for a 'spirited drive' but only for a short period.

I'm gunna rip my brakes off this Spring and start again, new seals, stock discs as apparently they're the way forward?, and some top pads. Hopefully then, it'll all be good. If it is, then BPU will be on the cards. I am still worried about my gearbox though.

I thought only UK spec's had a second 02 sensor flange on the second cat? i can't remember if the jspecs have a cat temp sensor on there too.

You're correct.

But my J spec second decat came with a flange, I used it to fit my air/fuel sensor.