The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na conversion

suprafreak123

total waste of time IMO

Unless you have a newish N/A or have body mods ect.

If its more or less a standard n.a then sell it and buy a TT

conversion is the next thing on my list after i mither you enough to make some more of your lovely bonnets

i will let you know guys thank you....

i did drive a 6peed tt and a conversion 5speed tt the speed was a major difference. the 6tt was very quick and the other conversion was very slow big difference guys

Strange!!! I would say the 5 spd TT conversions I have done/driven feel quicker than a 6 spd, almost like a small single.

Is that all? Are you talking about putting a TT lump in or doing an NA-TT?

I swear I've missed something here.

You may be getting confused with an NA-T conversion which is, put simply, adding a turbo to an NA. Its far more than that though and to do properly would more than likely cost more than going NA-TT which is swapping for a TT lump, loom, clocks etc.

I had an NA auto which I spent quite a bit on; bumpers, wheels, seats, etc. So when I came across a TT auto breaker on here at a good price I snapped that up for around the price of a conversion. Plus it was already BPU, well almost. Doing this got me everything I needed including the autobox, diff and drive shaft. I did the work myself along with a couple of mates over 2 or 3 nights so saved in labour costs.

All the traders mentioned will be able to do want you want and are very well respected.

Oh right. So when people end up saying "it's worth getting a TT", they actually mean either buying a TT Supra or a TT Engine?

If that's the case, I might consider doing a TT conversion in a years time or something.

They usually mean sell the na and buy a tt ;) unless ofcoarse their flogging engines and doing tt upgrades inc gearbox's diffs etc ;)