The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lowering exhaust noise

dangerous brain

I am doing a track sesh at japfest tommorow and have found out that the supposed bolt on mufflers that are available at the circuit are no-where near big enough for my HKS hyper. Anyone know how I can deaden the sound as there is a 100 db limit and as mine is an N/A with a TT hyper on its never gonna pass. Good job I phoned them to be sure as the accompanying letter makes it sound like this firm will have all the kit you need to sort out loud exhausts and it doesn't have anything bigger than 3". How many Jap motors do you lot know of with aftermarket exhausts that would fail scrutineering would be 3" exit or smaller???

If you have to go through a scrutineering post you could stuff a rag up there and pull it back out with a colthes hanger!!!

You shouldnt run your car like this though as you will have an increasd back pressure. Would temporarily deaden the sound. Dont clog it too much or you will find the car stalls!!

:)

Thats my very crap. last resort suggestion!!