The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Porsche Turbo owner looking to get a MKIV Supra

salihbjk

Hi everybody,

I've been a Porsche fan in my whole life, but I always admire Supra's and their potentials. My current car is 997 911 Turbo with twin 30R's, putting down 750awhp @ 1.4 bar, with around 5 second 60-130 and 140 mph trap speed.

Anyway, I've been looking to get a Supra for myself, but I got some doubts. I've never own or driven any fast cars other than AWD. I built really fast Subaru's, couple of Evo's and now my Porsche which is the fastest of all of them. And I think I am a good driver at those cars. My concern is, how hard would it be to adjust to a RWD car with all the traction problems. Especially with our dusty and bumpy roads over here, even in some highways. My main concern is safety It wouldn't be so good if I ever lose control at 150 mph :search: And my goal is to build an ultimate street racer rather than a drag car or anything else.

If I would get a Supra for myself, I am planinng to keep it around 500 - 550 rwhp levels until I get some used to it. Actually, amuse supra is my first potential project with the car :cool: I know, I eventually would want to go up to the big boys league on that car. What kind of stuff out there to make the traction problem less and how helpful are those really at scary hp (1000 + rwhp) levels?

I hope I could make myself clear and I really would appreciate your suggestions,

Thanks!

Edited by salihbjk (see edit history)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your porsche sounds very nice! I don't think you'll have too many problams adjusting to RWD, I went from a 1.9 110bhp diesel golf to a TT and as long as you smooth and take it easy to begin with then its fine, RWD is so much more fun too!

Welcome to the club!

you can always make the Supra nice and stable with a heavy toe-in set up front and rear. (Tyre life will be compromised however).

But the back end is always going to be lively with high torque going through the rear wheels.

The aumse turbo kit is good one.

The turbo is small but will give you about 530bhp.

My mate lee on here has just had that kit fitted and when i had a go i was surprised how low down the power came in and was smooth all the way up.

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate all. And yes, Turkish roads are bumpy and dusty even at some highways, we have some nice roads a little out of town where I live, if I will go 1000 + rwhp, these ones are the only that I would run the car.

Hi welcome to the club mate..you should have no probs adjusting to the RWD like most things just take it easy at first and then start pushing the boundries as you get familiar with the new set-up, but yes pics please--- we love pics here...

I will upload some very shortly :)