The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno results......hmmm

Guest Suprafly

Guest Suprafly

You're going to love this one.....

Right had an opportunity to take part in a group rolling road day today at Motorscope Northallerton, and these results look so high it's rediculous but when I asked about the validity of these figures they claim them to be accurate.

These claims seemed to check out as amongst 25 or so other cars they did included a stock E46 M3 which I know produces 343bhp and produced 340bhp on the day which seems about right, an EvoFQ300 known to be 350bhp which ran 365bhp, and the list goes on, so did they just f**k up on mine? I think so.

If you look at Run 1 they have 342.1 wheels, 493.2 engine, 492.9 lbft, but Run 2 they have 343.3 wheels, 466.2 engine, 474.1 lbft and I dont think this adds up, the whp looks possible but the engine and torque are just too high even on the 2nd run where they are lower.

The car is running stock twins (stock as far as I'm aware) at 1.2 bar max boost with full BPU as follows:

HKS Superdragger

HKS mushroom intake

Whifbitz double decat

1.2 bar ring

Warlbro fuel pump

NGK Iridium plugs

HKS FCD

I have used Motorscope in the past with various other cars and have always been spot on.

I was expecting to see a figure between 380 and 400bhp at the engine to be honest with these mods, so i think I'll be taking it to another dynometer soon.

Edited by Suprafly
typo (see edit history)

It's an Auto.

And there you have it.

Numpty dyno operator yet again, it's simply impossible to make that sort of power without massive changes to the fueling & timing, unless it's running exotic fuel, NOS and very high boost.

The torque line confirms it's a bad result. Did you pay for this?

Guest Suprafly

Unfortunately yes, but it was a group booking so the cost was down to 36 quid, but while thats not exactly loads I'm still non the wiser about the cars power, and spent 36 quid plus fuel etc getting there too to be given a bunch of figures that may as well have been made up.

The more I think about it the more it p*sses me off.

Edited by Suprafly
typo (see edit history)