The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new problem clunk/thud from rear

w41k3r

Just got back from the pics, on my way i was driving my car and i moved out from a junction turning right and there was a clunk on one of the rear wheels as if it had locked up for a split second, then driving straight down the road it did it again a few times

It feels as though some one grabs the wheel for a split second then lets go but its a harsh clunk very noticable. It mostly happens when turning left or right in the car park i went round in a circle and it clunked then a sec later clunked ect

But it seems its only one wheel at a time but i did not enjoy the drive home i had a look under the car at suspention ect but all looks normal am i right in assuming this will be the diff it had no symptoms before this it has just happend as a clunk

The car is a 5sp N\A has no lsd what i would like is some help diagnosing this prob or something i can check or do its dark out but im willing

thanks

Just had the car jacked up checked wheel nuts tried moving wheels but all were solid im thinking it has to be the diff but will wait for a reply

Jack both back wheels off the ground, release the handbrake, make sure you're in neutral (chock the front wheels with something first to stop your car rolling away :D ).

Then spin the wheels. They should spin fairly easily. Have a look for anything obvious.

cheers for your help it does not seem like the brakes but i will check theyve only been on less than a year porterfield carbon kevlar pads and new disks but ill check

Also i will jack it up in the morn if it is the diff will spinning the wheels make the clunk noise or not as when driving it only happens now and again mostly turning or now and again moving off