The mkiv Supra Owners Club

induction kit

sim1987

not realy bothered about noise or performance on the kit as the car is an n/a so would get next to nothing in power just read that the hks kits do more damage than good and saw the injen kit on mvp not that expensive would have put the standard air box back in if i had it but the car came without it.

Stock air box is a far better option performance wise as induction kits can cause flat spots in the middle range, especially on an NA.

If you do go for an induction kit either a k&n coneto replace the HKS mushroom would be the best option IMO. K&N are probably the best filters. If not that I would go for an Apexi kit. Paul Whiffin can supply either as I'm sure our other traders can.

I had a mushroom on mine when I went NA-TT. I chose the correct (size etc) filter from K&N and ordered it through Paul.

Apexi are one of the best filters along with K & N, just be wary you dont pay way over the odds for one !

al have a look round and see what i can find am looking at a carbonfiber air box just now it looks good bit pricey though.i have noticed that the prices vary on diffrent sites am i cheeper to get one from the U.S or does it work out roughly the same?

The prices of the filters themselves can be massive depending on the size you go for. I think mine was about £70 posted. A slightly smaller one was about £20 less. I dont remember the size of the top of my head though.

That's a good idea! So that means you can use the HKS pipework but with a K&N filter on the end instead of the utterly useless Mushroom? If you could possibly remember the size you used that would be ace :D