The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Started spraying my dash today

pistonbroke

I decided to take the dash out today and start to prep for paint. I got quite a bit done but gave up when I ran out of light.

I managed to get all the rubber stuff off fairly easily, and then primed the parts.

I'm spraying them gloss black, I managed to get 4 coats on tonight, but then messed up the ignition key portion when I tried to put it all back together before letting it dry properly :( A few flakes fell off around the ignition key bit when I pushed the plastic ring thing back into place. So, I'll rub that part down and respray it tomorrow followed by fitting the rest of it.

I'll post up more pics when it's done.

--------------------------------------

The rings arrived from the tuning shop (ebay) so I thought I'd get some pics for you. The only thing left to do is get a new leather gaiter for the gear surround and the handbrake.

What do you think?

Edited by pistonbroke (see edit history)

Jamie when you get your dash back can you post pics up of it as i've been toying with the idea of flocking mine now for about 6 months .

may just order a kit and have a go myself .

What did you get guoted to have yours done .

Will do, £60 including return post by banbury flocking.

Guest argy911
is that just the dash panels or the complete dash ?

Anyone know if you can fit a dash from a different car in to the supra. Which dash and from what car ? Also what modifications are needed to get the dials working?

Guest argy911
Are you for real ? :blink:

Yea I'm for real .I have heard of many cars that have been fited with dashes from other cars ie : vw golfs or vw corados etc can be fited with bmw dashes or porche dashes etc .

So my questoin is if toyota is in the GM industry ,is there any other dashes that can be fited in to the supra.

Maybe a ferrari dash?:search:

Edited by argy911 (see edit history)

Guest argy911
I'm pretty sure the 599 dash goes straight in (considering Ferrari used an old Supra they had in the corner when looking for inspiration for the 599)

Now that would be impresive?

Having repaired the buggered bit, I've decided that the paint is still to soft on the rest of the parts to fit yet. I left them overnight in my garage, but I don't think the cold night air has hardened the paint at all. So I've brought them inside to bake a bit in front of the fire.

Check the finish :cool: