The mkiv Supra Owners Club

can you disable traction control, but keep ABS?

Lude

im pritty confident with my RWD skills,

im no drifter! but i know how to handle it.

i want to disable the traction control, its doing my head in having to press the button all the time.

i understand you can remove a fuse under the bonnet. can someone advise which one?

this will not effect the ABS at all will it?

PS i have a 6 speed box (aparently it messes up auto changes)

there should be a fuse diagram on the inside of the engine bay fuse box lid, take out the ONE you think it is from that (its a small thin one from memory) and then start her up and if the traction light comes on without the usual button press then you got the right one :)

Just unplug the trac motor on the throttle body, that will shut down the trac but you will get a warning light on the dash to tell you its not working.

The ABS will be unaffected.

thanks for that mate. which light will show on the dash?

its not the big exclamation mark one isit? dont think i could live with that on.

Why is everyone so anal about losing abs honestly... :blink:

I've never had abs in any of my cars, that includes my last supra and I've never had a single issue, granted there is a bit of a learning curve to heavy braking without locking up but it isn't that hard

Pull out the 7.5a fuse for traction control, the 'slip control' light will keep flashing to tell you there's an error. Remove the dashboard, and remove the bulb... Job done.

If you have a manual, it won't have any effect on anything else, ABS will work fine.

this also disables the 155mph limiter on the uk cars