The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wearing tyres and wheel alignment

richarde7927

Well as you know i got my supra tt manual 2 weeks ago :)

And a week ago when i has fitting the second hand nur spec r exhaust a brought i saw this and i was not happy that i had been sold a car in this state ,120 mile drive home on tyres like this :blink:

Well i got a set of part warns with 7mm of tread on them for £310 posted . ;)

2 x 235/35 R19 and 2x 265/30 R19

Due to the tyre wear i did a goem check on the car today at work .

The rear camber on the n/s was out and the front n/s toe and the front o/s camber .

Adjusted everything and that should now stop the silly tyre wear :):):):):):)

Rich.

Edited by richarde7927 (see edit history)

Good you've checked it. I thought n/s meant drivers side and o/s meant passenger side? Why did you put more camber on the front passenger side though? Still quite a bit of camber front and rear, although i'm only drawing comparisons from my own geo set up which was about 1.30 rear camber and 0.35 front camber.

N/s is the side nearest the kerb so in uk the passengers side . I did not adjust that side as i did the other adjustments that camber went more negative . But aslong as its all in the green its in spec . if i see tyre wear ill take some of the negative camber off all round . more negative camber you have the better it corners (to a point ). Rich.

Have just seen this.

Rich, them tyres are awful. No wonder you are so annoyed, although I can say with 100% confidence that Mike wasn't aware the tyres were in this state or he wouldn't have sold them like that, or even driven it to that matter. As no normal person would.

The car was checked out at a local garage, just like he stated, but when it had its original wheels on, which i now own. We did a swap. Them wheels and tyres on your car were originally mine.

When we took the wheels off my car we obviously had a good look at all the tyres. The two rear tyres had more a little more wear on the inside than outside, but nothing alarming, just as expected really, still plenty of tread left, say 5mm inside, 6mm outside. The fronts were fine, even wear and plenty of tread.

That would have been the last time the tyres were looked at, on inside anyway, so he would have been completely unaware that the tyres had worn as bad they had on the insides. I'm very surprised they went so fast, they were only on there a matter of months.

It's a good job you decided to change the exhaust hey.

Glad its all sorted now anyway.

Edited by Marty (see edit history)