The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£400 sale bounty

Matt H

Seeing as though my for sale thread is currently locked, I'll have to put this here....

An idea I had that may make my life a bit easier, and someone elses wallet potentially heavier :D

If a member, or anyone else for that matter, directly assists in putting a potential buyer in touch with me, which results in a sale, then I'll pay a bounty of £400 to that person for their help.

For legal purposes I suppose I need to put 'any bounty will be paid upon my discretion and is not gauranteed'.

Seeing as though my for sale thread is currently locked, I'll have to put this here....

An idea I had that may make my life a bit easier, and someone elses wallet potentially heavier :D

If a member, or anyone else for that matter, directly assists in putting a potential buyer in touch with me, which results in a sale, then I'll pay a bounty of £400 to that person for their help.

For legal purposes I suppose I need to put 'any bounty will be paid upon my discretion and is not gauranteed'.

Nice idea Matt, hope it works! :D

... however this line is a bit worrying - NOT gauranteed!!!! so if i found someone for your car, they like it, buy it, you can then say "ah sorry mate i didnt actually gaurantee to pay you some mullah but thanks for all your hard work"!!

not that you would of course! ;)

It may not be gauranteed, but it is guaranteed folks! ;)

I like the idea of a bounty. Perhaps if the lead provided is rubbish, a wanted dead or alive bounty could be introduced?

Good luck :)

Nice idea Matt, hope it works! :D

... however this line is a bit worrying - NOT gauranteed!!!! so if i found someone for your car, they like it, buy it, you can then say "ah sorry mate i didnt actually gaurantee to pay you some mullah but thanks for all your hard work"!!

not that you would of course! ;)

It's a sign of the times I suppose. Just incase someone tries to screw me over on it. Of course, if it's legitimate and someone aids me to secure the sale, they will certainly get their £400 :)

Are you struggling to sell the car then?

I only advertised in nationally last Thurs. I've had a lot of interest as I expected, but that ranges from emails simply saying they wish they had £25k to people making offers I haven't excepted. There's been the odd wierd one as well! :blink:

Like i've said, I don't need to sell the car, so If someone comes along and chances it then fair play to them, but I'm not going give her away.

I just thought this was a pretty cool idea, makes life easier for me.

We have a head hunting scheme at my work and it works really well.

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

I have been away on holiday, why was the sale thread locked ??

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure, but I've been told that some comments were made and the mods decide to removal all posts, even the ones that were fine.

I wasn't aware of what they were. The last time I saw it, the thread was fine, the following day it was locked and everything gone from it.

I was given no explanation at the time.

If a member, or anyone else for that matter, directly assists in putting a potential buyer in touch with me, which results in a sale, then I'll pay a bounty of £14000 to that person for their help.

good idea, almost worth buying for the discount:D

This is a good idea Matt.

I have been away on holiday, why was the sale thread locked ??

Because it turned into a bit of a slanging match IIRC. People saying that the asking price was too much money, that sort of thing. The arguments weren't going anywhere.

I only advertised in nationally last Thurs. I've had a lot of interest as I expected, but that ranges from emails simple saying they wish they had £25k to people making offers I haven't excepted. Theirs been the odd wierd one as well! :blink

What were the odd ones? Do tell! :)

If anyone reading this post does decided to buy Matts car could you be please tell Matt it was as a result of me and my recommendation. I will then split the £400 50/50

£200 for doing nowt!

I knew it was a good idea putting the following in! :D

'any bounty will be paid upon my discretion and is not gauranteed'.

On a serious note! Why is Matts thread locked? Seems alittle unfair Matts not been filled in.

Err,.. freudian slip there!! LOL

:lol: It's just been re-opened! woohoo - Minus all the replies. Shame for me really, would have like to look back of some of the really nice replies :)

On a serious note! Why is Matts thread locked? Seems alittle unfair Matts not been filled in.

Hence why I suggested this: :)

So would it be an idea to put an advert up in the relevant section, have it locked, with any interested parties to only contact the advertiser through PMs or email?

Unless that's been done already. It may stop all this bashing nonsense. :search:

:search: