The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel studs

gavin.starr

Hey folks

Ive got a bloody slow puncture, and when i went to find my locking wheel nut key it has dissapeared and cant be found anywhere.

How much am i looking to pay for some new ones from toyota as i will only need four and will have to drill them out, is the task of replacing them easy enough?

Gav

Sealey sell Locking Wheel Nut Removal Sets, rather than drilling out studs. not a nice job by drill and may damage wheel.

i had the garage do this on my last supra. took him a while to remove one also damaging/marking the alloy wheel.

dont know what everyone else thinks but i would buy the tool before driling. think halfords sell them about a tenner each.

b

Had this unfortunate problem with my astra coupe, managed to get some mole grips on the bolt and hammer it lose enough to remove :)

Not a nice feeling when you scratch your alloys though :( oh and then 1 hour after harshly removing the bolts.... low and behold i find the socket in a tesco bag in my room !!!! what the hell it was doing in there i dont know. good luck on solving the problem.

This happened to me once, I just went into Halfords and searched through there McGard locking wheel nuts until I came across one that would fit and got them off, rather lucky really.

p.s. don't get McGard, there sh1te, the bit that locks in on the key sheers off after a few uses.