The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power Steering Air Lock

Paul Laing

I changed my Ps tank lastnight for a chromed one from Envy, now i have an air lock causing the Ps to not work. I spoke to Kevin lastnight who suggested taking the cap off then putting full lock both ways to clear this. I'll do that tonight but just wondered what you would do if you wanted to change the fluid at a later date, anyone know how you'd bleed the system?

Paul

That is how you bleed it.

Engine running, cap off and top up, steering full lock one way and hold for a couple of seconds, then full lock the other way and hold again. Then back to the middle and check the fluid level and top up if needed. :)

Originally posted by Barry

That is how you bleed it.

Engine running, cap off and top up, steering full lock one way and hold for a couple of seconds, then full lock the other way and hold again. Then back to the middle and check the fluid level and top up if needed. :)

when I put my FMIC on, you have to change the PAS cooler... i tried that method and it didnt work. What does work (from experiance..) is to

1) jack the front of the car up...

2) go lock to lock 3 - 4 times..

3) Check PAS level (top up if req'd)

4) run engine and go lock to lock.

5) Stop engine, check PAS level (top up if req'd)

6) repeat steps 2 - 5 untill PAS level doesnt drop

Take it easy in the volvo dude its got a wicked power band !!!! and dont go messing up the velour seats :mad: :D , sorry couldnt stop for long but as you saw it was all hands on CJ's car and it still wasnt dont till 8 o Clock .

Dude:flame Dev