The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what wheels for wide arch

heartworm

As is,looks VERY like Matts 1st car.I'm sure you are aware whatever you go for is gonna cost- a lot, and then some for tyres.

Matts current wheels (Weds Kranz Borphes) are no longer made, which is a shame as they look phenomenal with the extended arch.

Best of luck in your search, as its crying out for wiiiiiiiide wheels.

As is,looks VERY like Matts 1st car.I'm sure you are aware whatever you go for is gonna cost- a lot, and then some for tyres.

Matts current wheels (Weds Kranz Borphes) are no longer made, which is a shame as they look phenomenal with the extended arch.

Best of luck in your search, as its crying out for wiiiiiiiide wheels.

I know, i love his car, and weirdly there was very little influence on it. I have a friend who owns a bodyshop and he pretty much did what he wanted to it, and it came out wonderful. It's currently off the road (has been for 8months) while it gets a TT transplant, now its getting back on the road, it needs some proper wheels.

A mate of mine has weds kranze on his. They're actually 13" wide. I'll try dig out a pic of his car. Not too sure if they're still being made or not.

Jurgen has contacts in Japan for stuff on auction, maybe contact him to see whats available.

Failing he has anything you like.

There's a guy actually on ebay at the moment "japandyno" who's got a few wide wheels for sale at the mo. He's a trader on the skyline owners forum and seems to have a good reputation.

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)

Thanks, do you know what I need for the front, dont think it's as wide is it?

I have 9" +35 on there and they fit just peachy. For every inch you go bigger, add 25 onto the offset. For a stock offset the ideal size would be 10" giving 10" x 55 offset.

or like mine are going to be... 10.5" with 15 offset in the same arches..

Not quite the same thing though, that is the wrong offset for the car. I'm not preaching as this is what I have done, it just isn't the ideal setup.

Guest EncoreWRC

Not quite the same thing though, that is the wrong offset for the car. I'm not preaching as this is what I have done, it just isn't the ideal setup.

Agreed, but I wanted a set of wheels that would not break the bank, look very aggressive and sit very snug in the wide veilside arches. I am waiting for them to turn up... paid £960 brand new delivered from Rota.