The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guest Ste_1

Hia all

Just wondering if a new member would be welcome to any of the meets? Currently scoping out a Supra and the best place to find a good quality loved car is an owners club so here I am!

Never had much in terms of contact with a Supra other than the occasional shotgun so id like to get myself involved in the meets to have a good gander and natter. After my previous project i learnt the best thing to do to your car is research every modification and speak to the people who have already done it.

Your probably going to hiss and boo at the european anomaly I have in my garage at the moment but my current toy is a Saxo, i know, i know but i bought it years ago and i love it. Its not bad though, its quick enough to be fun, its only for track but is road legal, nothing silly on it just purposeful parts but it still looks like I crashed into halfords. Its had enough spent on it and its time to retire it from the open road and let it live its off track life on the back of a trailer. I have an avensis as a sensible car but I wouldn't be able to attend a car meet in anything OEM!

Heres the current toy.

Yea, but it wasn't mine. There not very powerful, infact its very rare to see one above 160bhp in N/A spec when they get put on a proper RR that is. Most hover around 150bhp. In turbo trim there are some very very powerful little sleepers out there waiting for the big fish. Theres a couple of 106 GTI's, which use the exact same engine as the VTS that are over 400bhp. Most turbo'd setups put around 250bhp because everyone with a Saxo can't afford internals or clutches. Not a terrible power to weight ratio, just terrible grip.

It may have been this one roughly same spec overall as mine and belongs to the guy who does all my work, Ricky P;

Could have looked different but will still have been stickered up, possibly orange lol.

This is also his with the same spec engine;

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3411/ratax115.jpg

Edited by Ste_1 (see edit history)

Hia all

Just wondering if a new member would be welcome to any of the meets? Currently scoping out a Supra and the best place to find a good quality loved car is an owners club so here I am!

Never had much in terms of contact with a Supra other than the occasional shotgun so id like to get myself involved in the meets to have a good gander and natter. After my previous project i learnt the best thing to do to your car is research every modification and speak to the people who have already done it.

Your probably going to hiss and boo at the european anomaly I have in my garage at the moment but my current toy is a Saxo, i know, i know but i bought it years ago and i love it. Its not bad though, its quick enough to be fun, its only for track but is road legal, nothing silly on it just purposeful parts but it still looks like I crashed into halfords. Its had enough spent on it and its time to retire it from the open road and let it live its off track life on the back of a trailer. I have an avensis as a sensible car but I wouldn't be able to attend a car meet in anything OEM!

Heres the current toy.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/Ste_1/25102008216-1.jpg

Your very welcome to come and join us at any of our meets :), Whats your location ?

• 4 weeks later...