The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who wants to set a world record?

Guest tropepef

Guest tropepef

Hey guys,

My name is Frank and I have been in the Supra community for about 5 years now. I haven't really frequented this board that often but I do stop in from time to time to check stuff out. This is the first time that I have actually needed to post anything hence the join date. I have been on Supraforums for awhile under the same user name. Anyway I was wondering if you guys would be interested in joining this project. We have a good bit of guys that have already committed to being a part of it.

The following has been copied from my original thread off of Supraforums.

Some of you may have seen my previous thread about a build that I was thinking about doing with my brother. If you haven't I will give you a fast background. My brother called me up a few days ago and asked me if I would be interested in starting a build with him. I asked him what kind of build and he said something super fast but super cheap. Go figure.

As I always do I consulted my fellow SupraForums members to get some feedback and bounce ideals around. We came up with a few ideals that I think might work. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Anyway, I was talking to my brother today about it and during the conversation he said that we should try to build the fastest car with the least amount of money to set a Guinness World Record. I did some research and someone already has that record. The dude spent around 4 or 5 bucks. It was for the gas that he was running. Anyhow I was thinking that we should set a world record for the most individual donations towards a single car build. The donations don't have to be money. They can be a used spark plug, used timing belt, an old carpet mat, etc... I have emailed the people over at the Guinness World Records and they are sending me the information on the criteria that needs to be submitted to them in order for them to verify this. One of the things that they said was that every donation that is made has to be used on the car in order to build it or if the donation is money a purchase receipt has to be submitted showing how the money was spent. If you didn't have a part to donate towards the build then I would just donate a single dollar. We could have someone that owns a shop (maybe Dusty) collect all these single dollar donations and he could write us up one massive receipt. I don't know just a thought. Ultimately I would like to see this car sold here on the forums or at an auction style of bidding. I would like to think one of the BIG supra shops would win. They would get our community car as a show piece and the money would be used to start a program for less fortunate youth. I would like to see a auto shop/race program started, sponsered obviously by the Supra community.

The record would be made by, "Supra Community". I have a really good friend that works at an engraving company that can do plaques up for those that contribute a good bit. For those that just want to donate for the hell of it I can get custom tee-shirts made for you. I will be providing all the cost of labor for this build including tuning and all parts that cannot be sourced or bought from the donations. I will also cover the cost of plaques or shirts. Right now I am trying to see if there is interest. If you don't have anything positive to contribute towards this thread PLEASE DO NOT POST in here. I don't need this thread cluttered up. If on the other hand you have an ideal or are for this project please post. Thanks guys.

Well there you have it. If you are interested please let me know. At a minimum all we are asking for is a one dollar donation. I have also created a website dedicated to this build. http://www.sfgwrbuild.com. Thanks guys for your time.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you'll get much interest from here, because people will have to send bits by post, and pay for the privilege. Nice idea to get yourself a single turbo Supra though... a bit different from the 'please sponsor me' and 'donate to my charity' threads we usually see. Plus, it would be good to see the Supra in the record books again.

Guest tropepef

Wow... I am really sorry to see that the members here are less then par... No wonder why your not on Supra Forums. I heard that you guys started this board because half of you got kicked of Supra Forums. Scam? apparently you never read through the original post. I don't know how it would be a scam for ME if MVP is helping head this up. I am doing this to get MYSELF a new car? :lol: Again you guys never read through the original post. No worries though. FYI... Here is the last sentence from the third paragraph :"Ultimately I would like to see this car sold here on the forums or at an auction style of bidding. I would like to think one of the BIG supra shops would win. They would get our community car as a show piece and the money would be used to start a program for less fortunate youth. I would like to see a auto shop/race program started, sponsered obviously by the Supra community."

I guess Dusty (MVP Motorsports) is going to get a bad rap over this because he is involved in a SCAM. Whatever, to each his own.

SupraHuman: Thanks for the support man. Stayed tuned for more updates.

Edited by tropepef (see edit history)

Wow... I am really sorry to see that the members here are ass holes... Scam? apparently you never read through the original post. I don't know how it would be a scam for ME if MVP is helping head this up. I am doing this to get MYSELF a new car? :lol: Again you guys never read through the original post. No worries though. FYI... Here is the last sentence from the third paragraph :"Ultimately I would like to see this car sold here on the forums or at an auction style of bidding. I would like to think one of the BIG supra shops would win. They would get our community car as a show piece and the money would be used to start a program for less fortunate youth. I would like to see a auto shop/race program started, sponsered obviously by the Supra community."

I guess Dusty (MVP Motorsports) is going to get a bad rap over this because he is involved in a SCAM. Whatever, to each his own.

SupraHuman: Thanks for the support man. Stayed tuned for more updates.

Sorry that you feel this way about our club, but you have to agree it is a bit odd for a new member with four posts, to suggest this. My first thoughts were " someone after a car for free".

As for calling the members ass holes, I would re think that as you have produced this thread, which has gained some negative comments and then you insult the members.

Believe it or not people do try to scam people like this and the members on here will not allow this to happen, so they question it and work out what the OP is like. You my friend have failed at the first hurdle by insulting the members on this club.

Reopened.

MVP have confirmed that this is sanctioned by themselves and Supraforums.com, it is not a scam. MVP have agreed to collect all monetary donations so everyone has a safe place to send to.

Parts donations should be sent direct to the location of the build (Florida), not to MVP.

I hope the OP revises their opinion of the forum, though it did look very suspicious at a first glance, particularly with the lack of previous posts.

i was reading the origonal post thinking, "well we may have one or two old parts gathering dust in the garage, i dont mind posting something" but then i read that we are all ass holes. so... not to let you down. i shall continue to be an "ass hole" and send you absolutely nothing! :)

Good luck with your build ;)

i was reading the origonal post thinking, "well we may have one or two old parts gathering dust in the garage, i dont mind posting something" but then i read that we are all ass holes. so... not to let you down. i shall continue to be an "ass hole" and send you absolutely nothing! :)

Good luck with your build ;)

:thumbs:

Anyone want to counter this world record attempt from the UK?

I have a little supra project on the go ;) :D TT engines, single kits, etc would be very welcome. I can't offer money, only love.

ill back ya. you can have the artificial floor for the boot if u want? lol