The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra

Dim Sum

I've just recently bought myself a 6speed n/a and there are a few questions i want to ask.

1. How to change the gear knob

2.What engine oil would be the best for supra

3.Brake disc and brake pads(which ones do people recommend for daily use not for track days as i know it can be very expensive.)

Thank you:)

Congrats on the purchase :)

The "search" button is your friend ;) im sure i wont be the only one to say this.

good luck with whatever you have planned.

Thank you :) I've started my mini project already. Starting to spray the dash white and etc. Just an interior update really

I used Castrol Magnatec 10w 40 for my recent oil change.

Thank you, i will do a mini service this week and make sure it runs well.

I will take alook. :)

Welcome dont forget to sign up to the club aswell!! For the discs and pads i've been using oem discs with chris wilson fast road pads they work fine for me.

Thanks all for the advice ::D

1. How to change the gear knob

It just unscrews.

2.What engine oil would be the best for supra

See HERE

3.Brake disc and brake pads(which ones do people recommend for daily use not for track days as i know it can be very expensive.)

Stock OEM Toyota discs, TRD pads.

Which brakes do you have fitted? The Supra came with 2 options, the larger 4 pot front/2 pot rear or the smaller 2 pot front/1 pot rear.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

No problem :)

pictures are always welcome too ;)

I will upload some pictures up once the weather picks up. Never a good time to wash it.

It just unscrews.

See HERE

Stock OEM Toyota discs, TRD pads.

Which brakes do you have fitted? The Supra came with 2 options, the larger 4 pot front/2 pot rear or the smaller 2 pot front/1 pot rear.

It could be me i still cant seem to do it lol. Its a 6 speed gear knob, well if you guys say it does then it does. I will try again later.

About the brakes, i have no clue. Any suggestion on how to find out would be helpful. I'm thinking of getting the Green stuff brake pads.

Thanks for the link, very helpful.

It could be me i still cant seem to do it lol. Its a 6 speed gear knob, well if you guys say it does then it does. I will try again later.

It definitely just unscrews (anti-clockwise).

About the brakes, i have no clue. Any suggestion on how to find out would be helpful.

Post pics of front and rear brakes and we'll be able to tell you. You will need to know which they are before ordering any parts.

I'm thinking of getting the Green stuff brake pads.

They don't have a good reputation on here with members who have tried them.

It definitely just unscrews (anti-clockwise).

Post pics of front and rear brakes and we'll be able to tell you. You will need to know which they are before ordering any parts.

They don't have a good reputation on here with members who have tried them.

ok:) I will check later. I'm spraying the dash and the door cards at the moment, so other parts i am slowly working on it. lol.

Ok the brakes, erm if i said its a import would that help?

Green stuff that bad. so like you mention before standard brake pads and disc?

Ok the brakes, erm if i said its a import would that help?

Does it have the stock wheels fitted? If so are they 16 or 17's? If it has 16's fitted they will be the smaller brakes, if they are 17 then they may well be the larger brakes.

The larger brakes were an option on many J-spec models. Most of the early model NA's had the smaller brakes fitted, but as yours is a later model 6spd it may have the larger brakes. The larger brakes are also a common upgrade so only way to say would be to see pics.

Does it have the stock wheels fitted? If so are they 16 or 17's? If it has 16's fitted they will be the smaller brakes, if they are 17 then they may well be the larger brakes.

The larger brakes were an option on many J-spec models. Most of the early model NA's had the smaller brakes fitted, but as yours is a later model 6spd it may have the larger brakes. The larger brakes are also a common upgrade so only way to say would be to see pics.

Ok i will take pictures of it tomorrow and upload. Weather here is still raining:( .

Just noticed your location, Hong Kong you chinese then?

No I'm from the UK, been living/working in HK for many years.

Ah i see. Sorry to just ask a random question like that lol.

Also i was wondering is it easy to remove the standard airbag steering wheel and replace it with another? And i've keep reading something about a Boss?

This is is the rear brakes image

This is the front

Could you let me know if these are the smaller or bigger brakes.

The rear ones look smaller then the front, is that normal?

The disc and brakes has well as the wheels will be replaced but i'm just not sure what brake pads these are.