The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Went drifting in the n/a yesterday

bignum

A few of us went on a drifting day yesterday at oulton park, we,ve picked up some n/a`s to do this kind of thing and all i can say is its the best fun ive had in a car for ages,i got to learn some proper car control and its a fairly cheap day out at £120, would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a play at getting the tail out (ooerr) in a safe environment.I`ll defo be doing another day soon, how did the pictures turn out mike?

Nice! Would anyone else be interested in doing this too? The club could do with a drift day this year.

How many tyres did you get through?

Believe it or not none, the tarmac is super smooth and the organisers wet it throughout the day to keep tyre squeel down:)

That's the only thing that puts me off. I use mine as a daily and I wouldn't want to ding it.

Saying that, knowing what I'm like I'll end up having to walk home!

Sounds fun Si, let me know when you're going next time and I'll come along. ;)

I take it is no use doing it in a auto, would like to try some in the TT... been sideways a few times in it... but it was only for a matter of seconds & I found it difficult to control with no clutch/gears.

Yes you can drift an Auto, if you ever pop over to Santa Pod then Lex will show you how. :D

Yes you can drift an Auto, if you ever pop over to Santa Pod then Lex will show you how. :D

I will hopefully be meeting at SantaPod this year so I am game! :D

No video and pics so far Si???

By the way, nice avatar with the M3 CLS behind you :D

Are you the Lux, Alex is talking about above? :eyebrows:

No, Lex not Lux. I'm sure Luc wouldn't mind having a go in your car though. :D

Lex runs the DWYB days at Santa Pod, he was also in charge of the drift area at Supra Pod. :)

Your confusing me now with all the names! :blink:

Sounds good Alex! I think I might try a little drifting at SantaPod this year!

Bring both your Supra's mate, so if something happens I can use yours! :D