The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cold Map Start Using AEM software. Explanation Needed!!

Geo

Right,

So my car just does not like a cold start, it took me over an hour to start her yesterday, but eventually she started and sounding rough as a Badgers erse until she finally got up to temp.

Iv sent my map to Ryan to look at and he's getting back to me.

So when i turn the key the car tries to start, but she will die straight away if i dont add throttle to the car. Even when warm it still has similar Issue's. It wont start on a first turn of the key and stay at high PRM until she settles

Can someone explain how the cold start map works etc, and could there be other issue's that maybe i cant think of??

The car runs and idls fine now, its just the Initial start up Sequence that seems it dont like.

Can someone take a Prt Sc of the file if i send them the Map, and add it onto the thread to people can see my cold start map. (Must have AEM software to OPen the File though)

cheers

Problem now sorted, Quick phone call to Ryan. He made some changes on the AEM and the car now starts first time. Well thats if my battery aint low. My AEM is staying on live so drawing current. Ryan is sending me what to change on it, so it comes on with Ignition Live and Off, then its all problem free.

Result. :thumbs:

Cheers Ryan.

I'm no expert, but I assume it's about wacking more fuel in when starting cold. Explains why you need to give it throttle to keep it alive.

You notice it all loads of makes and models, when the cars cold it revs higher on idle :)

we cut the fuel by about 20% Matt, i just did what Ryan was telling me. Now ok, :D

Would love to learn about more about it though as i know Ryan is a Busy man. All the same we got it sorted and now running sweet. :D