The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Urgh... number plates. Anyone got any ideas what I can do?

Aerotop Dave

Got me private plate, had some number plates made up by fancyplates.co.uk. Now, I knew the back plate was a big b*gger, and that the new one would be about half an inch shorter in height, but I didn't see this as a problem. However, what I didn't do was to take the old one off first to see what was behind it.

A big hole.

And my new plate doesn't cover it.

I've looked at 5 or 6 sites now and now one seems to do a plate that is 21" x 6 3/4" - everyone seems to stop at 6 inches (oo er, etc). The hole either side looks bad, and I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not looking first, especially as I had the plates made with a little slogan on the bottom.

So can you get any kind of backing plate, or is there anywhere that does plates higher than 6 inches?

:(

Originally posted by supramatt

this is the size i'm after, anyone know the measurements?

er... obvious question: why can't you just measure it?!

Ashley, are you sure about that? Attached is the bit from their website that gives the maximum sizes they can do. I need 21 x 6 3/4 which is 53.5cm x 17.2cm. The largest they do is 52cm x 15.2cm (this was what I got), and as it says they can't be any larger than that. Width wise it's fine, it's the height that no one seems to sell.

:confused: