The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rollcage question

Gabriella

Do you drive the car hard enough in places where you will might need it?

Not really but its an added safty feature :)

It will go up as there is the impression of a cage fitted for faster driving and also hitting your head on it in a crash

Thats what we thought would happen, If its £100 a year more its not a problem. There would be padded bars near my head :)

Okay, I will try to be carefull ;) Its sill got more chance to save me if somthing really bad happeneds like t boned by a truck :)

Unless you hit your head on it, then you'll most likely kill yourself.

Save a cage for the track, where you're wearing a helmet.

I was off roading in my Range Rover (fully kitted out desert raid job) and there was a guy with a caged up Landrover at the same event, He clonked his head on his padded cage with no helmet on, he died quite soon after so i'd say dont waste your money unless its a track car and your wearing a helmet and 4 point harness.

I have a rol bar thats bolt in, wouldn't think of taking it out when using the car on the road.

Also wouldn't wear my helmet when on the road, but i do use my 5 point harness.

My thoughts are that if anything did happen the harness would keep me in the seat and not to much body movement.

When having a roll bar fitted make sure it has clearance above your head, this would allow for the extra space needed for your helmet if your are wearing it.

Roll bar padding is neaded on any part of the roll bar that your 'helmet' may strike. So surley the extra space means that if you are strapped into your seat with an harness the chances of hitting your head are reduced?

If you are going to the trouble of having a good quality roll bar fitted and don't bother with an harness of good quality what the point?

'For show'

You may also want to think on how good the roll bar if fixed to the car?

Insurance companies may view most people that fit roll bars as only doing half a job?

Just my thought on the subject :innocent: