The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how to fit carbon diffuser?

bigsup69

I have a carbon rear diffuser like the ones from the group buy but i think the brackets i've got with mine are different (a picture off someone who has bought one from the group buy would be appreciated so i can check), just wondered if anybody could tell me how to fit it or do a fitting guide?

Jevansio and JamieP have both got these fitted so might be worth asking them, Hoff had one aswell a while back but not sure if he's had his fitted yet.

I would be interested to see how these have been fitted also, as i have one sitting in the garage but havn't got round to fitting it yet.

Edit: Just looked in your garage, are you removing you rear quaters to fit this?

Edited by SupraD06 (see edit history)

I never fitted mine as the instructions as the brackets look cr@p, ill get a couple pics for you tomorrow.

I didnt even get instructions :( All i got was a 'Z' shaped bracket and a 'L' shaped bracket. Thought i would have come with bolts/screws or something.

Jamie did you stick your in the middle of the bumper part? Or can you remove yours still? I know you have to bond the rear quater parts on, but was hoping to just bolt up the rest.

I didnt even get instructions :( All i got was a 'Z' shaped bracket and a 'L' shaped bracket. Thought i would have come with bolts/screws or something.

Jamie did you stick your in the middle of the bumper part? Or can you remove yours still? I know you have to bond the rear quater parts on, but was hoping to just bolt up the rest.

Mine had instructions and full fitting kit, you dont have to bond anything on, fits with self tappers and the Z brackets, i chucked the L brackets as they look naff.

I will put some pics up later.

Should be two Z brackets that hang from the anti roll bar and two L brackets that hang from the back of the petrol tank, i did away with the L brackets and self tapped to the back bumper, the side pods self tap on and the diffuser bolts to that with six bolts. ill chuck a couple pics up after dinner.

Kopite,

I'd take some pics but the car is in the garage backwards & it aint moving yet

It's pretty easy though, 2 z brackets from the ARB mounts & 2 L brackets off the rear bumper (or as Jamie says do away with them and fix it direct), TBH once you offer it upto the car you can see where brackets need to be :)

Does the heat from the exhaust not affect the carbon fibre in any way Jamie or is it not as close as it looks??

Its just that im considering in getting one but not too sure if my Nur Spec hangs too low for it or not??!!

No problems as yet, only a couple of mm clearance with my HKS TI.